Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Can I get a guild invite ? @mikhalio

I know I'm going to regret this but whatever, its xmas. I can work it off in new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Jesus gently caress this game is grindy. Like, imagine the worst "features" of a KORGRIND, now nix the pedo-race option. How has the 5 raiding guilds lasted this long ? (crippling autism?)

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Current Puncturing Sweep effects on Live server

Puncturing Sweep on the Thieves Guild PTS

Note the highlighted part. That change was not listed in their patch notes at all. The snare was.

Their reasoning for the healing reduction? "Well you'll be standing inside the Rune Focus AoE so you'll benefit from the new changes to the Restoring Light passives!"
(New RL passives give Major Mending to you and you only while standing in Purifying Ritual or Rune Focus; Also, Major Mending got nerfed by 5%)

All while they keep implementing content that requires constant movement to stay alive.

Here's a sneak peek at Templar changes in Update 4 (Dark Brotherhood update)

Wrobel or whoever is in charge of balance changes seems to have a hard-on for loving Templars in the rear end constantly with every update. Coupled with the Breath of Life nerf (now only affects 1 additional person instead of 2), this is pretty much cementing my templar to Goon group action only.

My worst regret in 10 years of MMO gaming is rolling Templar. Stamplar no less. gently caress me.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Har, har. Game stopped working this morning; it'll act like it's launching, but it'll freeze before the opening sequence and I'll get the "display driver has been reset" error and the screen will just remain black. Was running just fine last night though, got in 2 pledges before logging for the night.

Uninstalled my drivers, the game launches fine (though very long loading screens). Re-installed my drivers afterwards (3 times actually, recent, old, and beta drivers) and still kept getting the error.

Tried running other games (XCOM 2, Skyrim, UNS4, Revengeance) and they all ran without any issues whatsoever.

Any suggestions on what could be the root cause of this (forums are useless since everyone there is using nvidia cards, lol)? I'm leaving my game reinstalling to try it again tonight when I get back.

Sounds like somehow the gamefiles got corrupted. This was common in wow 1.02 when you had to watch the opening cutscene while the server list was populated. Doing both in a non-optimized manner tended to half the list generation and crash the program. Given how poo poo ZE is coding, I can totally see one little while( loop starting a stackdump.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Hahahahaha, those loving assistants will cost no less than 2500 crowns. If Zenimax knows how to do one other thing than ban people, it's milk the poo poo out of their fanbase with this kind of stuff.

E:

The DK changes are pretty much a halfway point between the broken as gently caress perma-bats/perma-SoM DK metagame from back at launch and the current joke of a class that is DK right now (but can still be very dangerous in the right hands, see: Vyr Cor and Etaniel).

As for Templars... well I'll just leave this Fengrush hype video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reT1dBS5Ao

Templars will be removed from the game in 3.1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Scyantific posted:

GLORY TO THE GOONPEROR

GLORY TO THE ARGONIAN MASTER RACE

Glory to the eternal autist, long may his reign rage over our poorly optimized builds.

• Locked thread