Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Very late yesterday I, for some reason or another, picked tihs up on Steam. So I'm guessing I should play this game.

I play on odd hours and gonna be soloing a lot. Am I gonna regret the lizard nightblade I'm gonna roll? What tradeskill should I pick for most usefulness and convenience?

Should I just kill myself now instead of playing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

So about the upcoming patch. Why would anyone think the level scaling that'll be introduced with One Tamriel is a good thing? It is the exact same thing people bitched and bitched and bitched about in Oblivion and such. No sane person wants mudcrabs, rats, cliffracers and other poo poo to level with you. Absolutely nobody. It removes every last shred of character progression if you're fighting the same mudcrab the whole game and at the endgame, every mudcrab is a godmudcrab.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

You don't measure your success as a hero by how fast you can kill mudcrabs.

Let me tell you about Elder Scrolls :colbert:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I've not played many days yet and I'm thinking of rerolling on US server instead of EU to have less people around (yes, I'm adapting badly from having single player taken from my single player TES game). Is the US server mostly deserted from mornings to early afternoons local time?
Someone said there's something funky about the server connections though, and US servers get relatively bad latency from EU? Anyone know if that's true? I'd test myself but apparently you gotta redownload the entire client just to log on the other megaserver.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

eSporks posted:

Loot crates are cool, but not on top of a sub, on top of a cash shop.

Sub's optional though. I'm okay with cash grab stores as they keep the game alive at the expense of people who aren't me. I just hope they don't pull swtors and put most nice looking gear that doesn't look like a mudrodents severed rear end in a top hat behind lottery boxes while leaving ugly scrubblankets and cloth caps to be available through normal gameplay. Mhm. Bad comparison maybe since swtor armor is pretty modular and the store mostly just sells the visual "shells", but anyways.

• Locked thread