Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Ground floooor. Can't wait til Tuesday. I've started downloading the game again and it should be done patching by then (why is the installer so bad ughh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So the servers are down for maintenance right now? Does that mean when they're back up we're good to go? It's wierd that they're not plastering news about Tamriel Unlimited or whatever all over the launcher and such.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I forgot those this client download the entire game uncompressed or is my client folder going to be 60GB?

I started installing it last night at 9PM EST. It finished sometime around 4AM this morning and my install folder is around 40 GB.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, are they ever going to release anymore free updates to the game now that paid DLC is a thing?

Also, is the goon guild still up and running? I was in it when I played at launch but I plan to make a new character for this so I'd need another invite.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can the various factions interact outside of Cyrodil at all?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why is it so drat hard to find any information on the B2P change timeframe and this maintenance? You'd think they'd be trumpeting it to get as many return players as possible.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Servers are up for B2P people.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are banks shared between characters across factions, or per faction?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone planning on making a new goon guild?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Sheep posted:

Are there any issues with having a character in Ebonheart instead of Daggerfall like the original guild?

Would actually prefer Ebonheart.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Red Herring posted:

If you want to PvP, EP has a queue of 150 during US prime on the biggest campaign. If you're looking to mostly PvP I would not recommend you play EP since they're pretty much a perma zerg.

More people doesn't necessarily mean better PVPers.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
@Verranicus, @Eck33 and @Radiosuitcase would all love invites to the goon guilds. We were in the old Daggerfall Goons and crafting guilds at launch but got kicked due to inactivity.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, can we not just run around town looting everything anymore without becoming criminals? I seem to remember a good chunk of my starting money at launch coming from lucky finds in random houses, seems like the game would be harder without doing it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Berke Negri posted:

In towns most everything is flagged as owned but stealing is really good money if you stick to it. White gear you can lift off racks is like 30g but stolen items from pickpocketing and stealing from lock boxes can go from 100g to thousands of gold.

Does stealing just come down to "crouch and hope you get lucky" or is there some special method to it/skills to improve chances?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
When PVEing I find I get annoyed/bothered by other players when I actually encounter them out in the world more often than not.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can the rare fish on Bleakrock be caught with insect parts or only worms?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are there a few large/active auction guilds that @verranicus can get an invite to? I forgot how convoluted the auction house system was in this game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Scyantific posted:

Same here. Considering how easy it is to swap roles around I can tank for you guys while you do all the damage. Just ask in chat.

As long as you're active, I can see if I can get you into my current trade guild. We've got a guild vendor in Mournhold (which is a prime spot). Also we do raffles or some poo poo to get funds for the vendor and to hand out as prizes.

Would appreciate it. I tend to play at least a bit each day.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Munaus posted:

it sounds like you're not really reading, just quickly glancing to get the skill levels. I enjoy reading every page on any book I can get my hands on.
This makes me a bad person for grouping

not that I care, I'm going solo

also, is COD and mail a common thing with MMOs?
I used to quickly group people so I could find them to trade motifs, until someone told me I can mail them instead.

When you finish the Mages Guild questline you basically unlock a personal library of every book you've ever seen in game in your quest log I think, so you can go back and gorge yourself on all the books you quickloy skipped over then.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are there any addons out there that show all the available quests/quest hubs in a zone? I don't want to miss anything.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Returning to this casually. Are the two DLC/expansions areas worth subbing for if all I tend to do is solo pve stuff?

EDIT: Also, it's been soo long since I last played, how should I be handling loot? What's worth keeping/taking/stealing, what's trash?

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 14, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't remember, are all areas in a zone typically the same level range? As in, can Is trike out in any direction from the start in the first zone or are there still harder and easier areas?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wish there was an "offline mode" for the game. It gets a little less immersive when there's a literal train of people running through the same area as you killing everything and jumping around like crazy people.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

JackBadass posted:

You... wish there was an "offline" mode... in an MMO...

When the actual MMO parts of the game are the weakest, sure, why not?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

InternetJunky posted:

Now that I've got a couple of hours into this game I have a question about crafting: the OP mentions something about needing to spend skill points for crafting later on -- are these the same skill points I get when I level up? Does that mean I should create a crafting alt or something or can I safely pursue crafting on my main character without affecting anything else?

Also, maybe I'm missing it, but is there any way to actually search for something specific in the AH? I really hope I'm just being stupid and missing the search field, otherwise I nominate this game for worst AH system in an MMO.

You can get a mod that lets you search the AH. Yes, it is terrible.

You shouldn't need to make a crafting alt, as I'm pretty sure you get enough skill points to unlock everything on one character if you're a completionist.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

JackBadass posted:

You know, you don't have to play it. For how much you complain about it, I don't get why you do.

You seem really invested in this game to get this buttmad over opinions you don't like. I enjoy ESO as a single player game, that's why I play it. As was said above the PVP is a clusterfuck that is done better in Guild Wars 2, and the dungeons are laughably bad compared to something like Final Fantasy XIV. Which leaves the questing, the good part.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

JackBadass posted:

I'm not mad at all, actually, I just point out bad opinions, which run rampant among certain people here. If you strip out all the multiplayer aspects of the game, all you're left with is a barren world with a handful of "go here, kill this" quests with horrible writing. This isn't Skyrim 2, which a lot of people seem to think.

Funny, when I play I treat it like Skyrim 2 and it's worked out well for me so far.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Please tell me how to play ESO correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Okay, check, now tell me how to make all the group content not bland or laughably bad.

• Locked thread