Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

RPZip posted:

Are there any deals as this goes B2P, and is it worth picking up for what seems to be the full box price?

Get 20% off at GMG. I recommend the imperial edition ($79.99 MSRP - 20% = $64.00). I bought the standard edition a week ago for 23% off, there. After I started, I decided I wanted the Imperial Edition because it came with a free horse and a unique race. The upgrade is only available for full price through the ESO store.

Horses are very expensive, with the Imperial Edition equivalent costing just over 17k gold. You'll want to save your gold for inventory upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Fried Sushi posted:

Is there a consensus on what faction will be most populated as far as the goon guilds. I am in the Deconstruct guild but got removed from the main guild from inactivity. Have characters on all factions but would probably focus on one that has more goon activity.

Dagerfall Goons, here.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is nightblade good for up in your face or should I roll something like the dragon knight or templar if I wanna gently caress poo poo up in melee?

Nightblade is the most fun class I've played in an MMO. If you want to gently caress poo poo up ranged or melee, it's a great class. I toggle between daggers and bows all day. I'm only level 32, so others will know more.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Tindahbawx posted:

How is this game these days? As far as I can tell the F2P model went active today, right? And if I was to get into it all I need do is pay the upfront box cost like Guild Wars 2?

Is the game any good though? Does it capture the feel of the Elder Scrolls universe?

Yes, it will be buy-to-play at 10AM, today. (If it isn't already.) The PvE is very good. It feels like Oblivion the MMO.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Fried Sushi posted:

Added you to the Ebonheart guild, can't invite to the others.

I'd like an EB and Crafting invite, too. @IRSmurf

I'm already in daggerfall. Multiple guilds is a strange feature.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Dante18907 posted:

Is this actually worth playing now? I played in the beta and was not impressed. Is it worth 60bux?

I think it is. I didn't like the beta, either. I picked it up at the recommendation of a friend, about two weeks ago. It feels excellent, now. The PvE combat really shines. I haven't tried PvP, yet.

• Locked thread