Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I forgot those this client download the entire game uncompressed or is my client folder going to be 60GB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

For those starting out remember to unlock your skills even if you dont plan on using one in particular. If I remember right you gain experience on all the abilities on a tree as long as you have one of them in your loadout.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I had forgotten that my character name in this game was Anime Orc

And I was a dragon gal, and they reset my points and I dont know anything about the game anymore

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 17, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I didnt know they implemented npc hitting. Do not hit npcs. Also stealing. The days of a cleptomaniac running around taking everything that isn't bolted down to the ground are gone.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Archonex posted:

And I don't mean the video where the trees and some NPC's in the Grahtwood would randomly scream German at you. That was a whole other load of trippy poo poo. :stare:

It was funny because they'd scream to you what you actually had to do to clear the fight but its in german so good luck with that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I know there was this TES lore hyper nerd in the previous thread arguing about how each new TES title further shat on the TES lore and how horrible TESO going to be because lore lore lore. Then he bought the game and actually liked it way more than the people that had little investment in the story. Most people quit a month or two into the game while he was still in long after that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thats probably been abandon for nearly a year.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm rerolling pact as well because things change too much for me to go back into my old character. Trying out a dunmer NB like it did way back when the first closed betas started. Would appreciate an invite at @Caonima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And I mean, lets be honest here. MMO devs don't particularly care when people buy stuff like this for their games. People buying this stuff just means that people are still playing their game, which is what counts. There's a reason stuff like gold sales for WoW continue unabated; because no one ever gets punished or "caught" for doing so.

Hell, gold sales started being this whole underhanded thing where you had to meet the gold-seller at some godawful hour in the rear end-end of the game world, because people thought you had to be sneaky about it not to get caught. Now they know better, and if you buy gold they just send it to you through the in-game mail system or auction house, because Blizz just don't give a drat.

FFXIV hands out permabans for people caught advertising and selling gold and I think week long bans for people buying it. It happens weekly and they post the stats on the client.

EVE has had some pretty massive lashbacks at people that have gotten caught buying ISK outside of the approved plex market. Like the person isn't particularly punished in any direct way, other than removing all the money they've bought from their wallets. Problem is that a lot of that money would already be gone, destroyed through in game means or whatever. So the person ends up with a massive negative balance on their wallet that they have to pay off. Without a real way of paying it off and already feeling the sting of the whipping they decide to pay off their balance by using the in game plex market. If the dude was a big enough whale it can cause a massive deflation of plexes.

• Locked thread