Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
So is poopsocking, constantly ulting vampire still the PvP thing or is that fad gone and players just want it for not-quite-as-bad cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Dropping my two cents on Nightblade healing, Shadow also has couple healing morphs if you don't want to go Siphon like I did back last year.

Also, some clarification on how pickpocketing works. While the % is pretty clear, I still got caught pretty easy with 75% in Eastmarch but got 50% in Deshaan. Is there some hidden scaling on difficulty or just bane of RNG?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Gaudy tabard sold me, send to account @Gadling on EU server for Ebonheart. Way back it got in the middle of dungeon, but overnight or something it should not interrupt anything.

^ Played Ebonheart yet for Plaguebringer? Fucker's immune to all CC.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

They apparently have nifty passive for tanking, and of course you get pretty exclusive crafting style. If that's not your thing, you can just get Explorer's Pack to lift faction-race restrictions or go with three natives.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You can, in fact, get a vampire bite without those roaming spawns - if you side with the daddy in Eastmarch or Rift quest, don't remember which one has it.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

And depending on your definition of endgame, two thirds as in other two factions that technically are supposed to be done before Craglorn if it still starts at VR10 or somewhere around that.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Envy Insanity posted:

Are there any plans for an EU based guild, or does everyone from EU just play on the NA server? I was thinking about EU just to see if I can get any improved performance.

House N'wah is still up and running from launch, but I haven't seen any chat on my log - unless you specifically have to tune into /guild.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Started EU, dropped after summer, went back in. Apparently I could go NA, but that involves too much trouble for setting up NA client - besides, I'd have to start all over.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

The one alive is on NA, EU so far has had few returns.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You can play as you want, but of course that doesn't translate to optimal playstyle. You can work around those to a degree, like putting emphasis on magicka with attributes and sets like Warlock or Adroitness. I haven't seen any magicka-regen medium or heavy yet personally.

You can still probably ditch that mentality if you want to do Craglorn and some group dungeons seriously, but for casual PvE pretty much anything flies.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

House Awful from launch, but usually I'm 100% of members online. If you want to play with goons, you're better off rolling NA - some name editing and copying the folders should make things fairly smooth for switching.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

mfny posted:

More details on the copy and paste and renaming ?

It goes roughly like this

1. Zenimax folder should have launcher and Elder Scrolls Online, and both(?) have either Elder Scrolls Online or Elder Scrolls Online EU depending on your region
2. You change the relevant folder/file names to appropriate region and then create another Zenimax\etc folder
3. Fire up the launcher, toggle the megaserver and repair

Right now I'm home with my laptop, so check for more accurate guides on the matter.

^ You'll love Mournhold at first then :getin: Not quite as bad as Vivec cantons though.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Are those addons in the OP updated to Tamriel Unlimited yet? Fairly recently I tried to activate Research Assistant, and it gave broken lua scipt for about every trait/item.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Worth it, but your opinion may vary on base price or some GMG discount.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

If you want to do everything with crafting, you might need an alt just because you don't have enough skill points. But having a couple is easy, maybe even four I don't know.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Soon you'll face the problem of "I have shitloads of crafting mats and bank is full from those".

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I suppose congratulations are in order. I've heard so much about veteran dungeons and Elden Hollow especially that I won't poke them until VR10 or something, especially when I will want those bonus objectives for extra swag.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Indeed. All true faithful of ALMSIVI and children of Morrowind are required to own a guar mount.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

1. Drag 'n drop, so just pick class skills off if you want to substitute with weapons
2. Set them up in quickslot, it's the second tab next to inventory proper. Hold down and cycle to relevant consumable.
3. Health is always good, but don't focus on it solely and pick magicka/stamina according to your skills.

I can't give any specifics, and this is a little later but Reaper's Mark (don't remember the unmorphed skill, it's either Assassination or Shadow) on single target, kill them from stealth with heavy attack to stun and once they die under the effect, it's a heal for you. Rinse and repeat for burst and sustain.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Captain Blackheart can go eat a pile of poo poo and choke on it. How are you supposed to avoid being overwhelmed by his crew when healer gets skellied :bang:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I don't think there's been anything on that yet. You might get some sort of linking or even account copy, but Zenimax could make it so that everyone starts tabula rasa.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Because I'm a scrub who wants to see things gibbed in one fell blow, and I already made meself 5-piece set of Hunding. But I'm kinda considering just reset on those since I can't rush some thief passives, would be collateral.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

So the aforementioned anal spergs who want to squeeze every last second from Trial speedruns?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Just wait until they start talking about stuffing mouths with muatras and milk-spears. Or do they do that already?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Having said that, you can expect that it's roughly the same as other MMOs with tanks and healers minority, damage majority.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Whenever I do pledges, it takes anywhere between 15 minutes to hour on average. It looks like it corresponds with whatever the pledge is, with low-level facerolls filling up relatively fast. But yes, biggest issue is that too little people use it.

Remnant from launch when I think it didn't exist? Adding in established guilds.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I got VR5 something like 80-90% through Alik'r, but that was with daily silver pledges and odd Cyrodiil scouting. Did you just grind or does AD have more quests etc?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It is a tradition especially by House Dres, who are THE sipping-martini-in-white-suit person when it comes to slave economy. If some beast doesn't know that, its fault :smugdog:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

First phase of Selene is not really hard as long as you have healer to keep whoever's tanking topped off. Second on the other hand... we just mobbed up on her eventually, given that it was scaled to V1 and counting myself it was couple V4s. Longclaw is about hardest boss there, and it took some long kiting of kitties with slowly plinking that murdercat to death.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Odds are you can transfer, but it costs 70 dollahs or whatever's the standard console pricing. And possible Gold/Plus sub if companies decide to plug those on, but that applies always then.

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 6, 2015

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

700 I presume? Coughing up for 400 gems isn't too bad though... scum.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

With some Siphoning stuff. Off-hand, I don't think the other two have lots of utility for tanking.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Just remember that they take lots of resources respectively, so you better have big pile or continuously gather them if you do those daily.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Whenever I sent my noob rear end to Cyrodiil, it usually meant being three-shot at most from players I assume were wearing min-maxed VR14 gear... so there's that. Might be organized guild too, but without voice comms it's a clusterfuck of AoE bombardment whenever there's actual battle going on.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Perfectly playable in first person outside dungeons - gently caress that harpy and her bombs in Blackheart though, you have to maintain 360-degree vision to catch all spots.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Being two-shot by some sorcerer killed most of my VR Cyrodiil interest, and I bet that sorcerer was also V12 with min-maxed stats. Pessimist in me says that it wouldn't have really been that different if Imperial City remained behind PvP gate, just aforementioned gankings and I have no idea what getting those stones means.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Updated after a long while in a couple different batches, now repair is reinstalling the whole game. Is there a quick and dirty fix that doesn't involve doing that all over again, that doesn't need the three manifest files launcher doesn't apparently detect?

Properties also shows Online folder about double the size it's on disk, so it might look at that new copy or something. Fixes for this one?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Incurring the wrath of poopsockers... do those numbers matter much outside of raiding and possibly PvP*

*Two-shotted by sorcs a few months back, could have been VR12 with minmaxed gear

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Field reports say it should be actually good now and fill quickly. I can't speak to quality of those pubbies however, my launcher has hosed itself into lost update paths and downloading EVERYTHING again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You can definitely do it on regional level once you're done with starting faction - they're all V1, V2, V3 by then and you won't get oneshotted for wandering to wrong part of the map.

• Locked thread