Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Any advice for someone who used to play as a cookie cutter PvP magicka sorcerer (and then DB arrived) and would like to continue playing as mainly PvP magicka sorcerer? All I ever find are stamina builds and people quitting game or making other chars with other classes. Or perhaps some barely surviving tanky builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Appearance change price is ok. The rest... time to level a second character after all.
But drat the sunk cost fallacy, I might end up buying that complete package anyway ("Huge savings", hah).

How does appearance/race change work anyway?

quote:

When you click a token to use it, you'll be taken to the Style Parlor to make any desired adjustments. If you change your mind, or want to re-visit the Style Parlor at a later time, just click the Back button; your token will never be consumed until you confirm all changes.
Can you play a game for a bit, try a character in different lightning and then do some further adjustments? I guess not.

EDIT: too bad, I like how BDO allows you to change an appearance for a MONTH and it still costs you only 10 dollars/euros.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 27, 2016

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey I'm 50 now and I have no idea what to expect or how the Champion system really works. I care about nothing but Cyrodiil. Can I continue my progression without leaving it or is it semi mandatory for me to PvE now if I don't want to be perma gimped?
Yes, you can. Just do the daily quests (kill xy sorcs etc.) for faster progression. I guess for someone with almost no champion points, it is better to play in 'no champion points' campaign. You will still accumulate champion points, but your lack of them will not matter. Unless you want to PvP in IC.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Chomp8645 posted:

Cool! So to progress I just need exp basically, doesn't matter from where? I see people talk about things like Trials and Cadwell's Gold or whatever. I don't need to do those? I don't mind if I progress more slowly, I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on necessary currencies/materials/whatever that can't be gotten in Cyrodiil. Can I continue to craft my own gear to remain competitive?
Hmm, getting into other alliance's zones (Cadwell's precious metals) is good if you look for more skill points. Collecting materials in Cyrodiil seems like PITA and I guess you can just craft appropriate gear, but best pieces are usually dropped in some dungeons or something, but you can always just join some trading guild and sell leftovers from PvP drops or buy some akaviri crafting styles for AP and sell them for a lump of gold.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I MIGHT reinstall this game, but is there some guild to play with on EU server (I am not going to re-purchase stuff on US server)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

They did AMA? I am surprised. Their forums are filled with Q&As without As.

• Locked thread