Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Givin posted:

Only piece of last minute advice I can give people is, if you are new to this and going in expecting it to be like....

A....Skyrim
B....Your favorite MMO

you will be super disappointed and hate the game. In TES terms, it plays closer to Morrowind than anything. MMO wise it's almost its own beast. It will feel slow and ploddy compared to modern MMOs. There is fun to be had here, but you really have to take it easy and learn as you go. You can't gently caress up a character as far as skills and stat points go as all this can be changed and reset in game.

For those that like Twitch streams, the game has a really great community full of helpful people who are free with info and assistance to new people. But I can't stress it enough that its a game that has a layer of complexity to it that most MMOs won't even dare touch and it can seem overwhelming in certain aspects. Take your time and enjoy the setting and story. It's not too bad. Starting out you'll feel lost and pussy weak but eventually you will find a combo of skills that works for you. Don't worry about understanding people's builds and whatnot. Plenty of time for that later.

Been eyeing ESO ever since the B2P announcement, what does it do that feels closer to morrowind than skyrim, other than (I assume, since its an MMO and all) not having oblivion/skyrim style instant fast travel from anywhere? If it has more varied and weirder environments like morrowind did I'll definitely be getting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread