Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
In general with a game like roulette you have to just realize that it's a series of independent trials. MAYBE there's some bias that could happen at some point, but the truth is that the next spin does not depend on the one before it. So, even though statistically it's not probable for red to hit 30 times in a row, just because it has hit 30 times in a row does not make black more likely to hit on the next spin...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
God, I can't imagine losing 2k in a game of pool where I never even get to shoot. I know that's why you'd probably play a race to 5 or whatever, but if you had to guess, how often can you run the table? How about your uncle? Is it like 10%? 25%? 50%?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

jase1 posted:

I would have no clue where to start with writing a book. I don't even think I am good writer I feel like I have bad grammer and punctuation. Any Idea were to start with something like that?

I'm guessing you'd work closely with an editor who would help with a lot of that stuff. No idea how you'd get started though.

• Locked thread