Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Burzmali posted:

Well, there was that cat...

We already had the greatest dog ever, there's no way a cat can top that :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

balancedbias posted:

We already had the greatest dog ever, there's no way a cat can top that :colbert:

What about the fish? I mean why have a fish tank without fish, so clearly we have some electrocuted to death fish ghosts wandering around.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Burzmali posted:

Well, there was that cat...

Yes. The alive cat. The one that walked around and meowed.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

death .cab for qt posted:

Yes. The alive cat. The one that walked around and meowed.

LYNNE: Hmm... maybe it was hungry! For chicken!
SISSEL: What? Hungry?
LYNNE: Yeah! I'd walk around for chicken too, even if I were dead!
SISSEL: You can't walk around if you're dead. That's what being dead means.
LYNNE: Hey, I've died twice, and I'm still walking around! Chicken!
SISSEL: And would you meow?
LYNNE: Will you give me chicken if I do?
SISSEL: I can't. I'm still dead, remember? No chicken. No hands. Unless the chicken is suspended on a hinged platform above you or something -
LYNNE: Don't worry, I'll build one!
SISSEL: If you're going to put the chicken on it anyway, why not just eat it instead?
LYNNE: It's the quest that makes it taste so good! Haven't you ever fought tooth and nail for a delicious chicken before?
SISSEL: I can't remember... but probably not.
LYNNE: You don't know what you're missing! What were we talking about again?
SISSEL: A cat walking.
LYNNE: Boring! I'm going to go get some chicken. Want any?
SISSEL: ...

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013

Cheez posted:

This is going to sound a little bit crazy, but dead things don't move.

We actually haven't seen it alive yet, only on the tape. I agree that it's a wild theory at this point, but that Chehkov's gun has been shown so it will have to go off eventually.

Also, I'm pretty sure something is up with Lynne as she seems to be cursed to civil service in the afterlife as well:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
The cat hopped out of the bag near the point at which the game starts though, didn't it? Or pretty close? I need to rewatch the intro and the tape cutscene again and see, but they couldn't have been that far apart.

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.

Cheez posted:

The cat hopped out of the bag near the point at which the game starts though, didn't it? Or pretty close? I need to rewatch the intro and the tape cutscene again and see, but they couldn't have been that far apart.

Must've happened while Sissel was palling around with Missile, because when he returned to the junkyard in Chapter 3, his body had been moved (by the kitty as we now know).

Alex0080
May 3, 2013
Ah, speculation, the best part of reading an LP about a game full of mysteries if you've already beaten the game. You really get a different view of a game at LP pace though, since you can't just pull an all nigher to find out all the plot twists, like I may have done :v:

King Christmas posted:

Must've happened while Sissel was palling around with Missile, because when he returned to the junkyard in Chapter 3, his body had been moved (by the kitty as we now know).

It was during chapter one, actually, likely during the forwards "time skip" that comes after you change someone's fate. The cat was standing near Sissel's body when Lynne carries Sissel down the stairs in the umbrella that he gave her. The cat even got it's own spotlight.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Gim52a posted:

Ah, speculation, the best part of reading an LP about a game full of mysteries if you've already beaten the game. You really get a different view of a game at LP pace though, since you can't just pull an all nigher to find out all the plot twists, like I may have done :v:
Haha yeah, we've hit the point where the first few questions have been answered, only to bring more questions. And it seems like we've got enough information for the seriously wild speculation to start...

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Watching Inspector Cabanela's dialog in episode 6, I could only think of one thing:

Cabanela's going to need you to come in on Saaaaturday, mmmmkay? That'd be greaaaaat.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
I love everything about this game, it is so good. It is even better to hear Mr. DJB's reactions since he doesn't know what's coming. Every once in a while I pick this game back up, and I almost always shoot through it in 1 or 2 sittings.

Even after beating it several times, it is still so engaging and fun every time! Oh, and because Missle is the best! :3:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
This is a really fun game; shame that the iOS version is so lovely - it was crashing all the time back when it was still "working."

May I suggest cutting off the top half of the videos entirely? It contributes almost nothing, and especially without upscaling, it makes the part where stuff actually happens very tiny and smudgy.

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

Update! Hope you like chicken.

Chapter 7 part 1...Chapter 7 part 2...No Commentary...Bonus

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
The little guy name is Dandy, its revealed in the soundtrack.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In case you all were not aware, Lynne is The Best.

And I am still in love with how good this game's music is.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 4, 2015

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I definitely hosed up in the car the first time I played; I love that most of the time if you screw yourself over its at least funny.

Also the blue dude's name is Dandy. I can't remember if it's mentioned in game though.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

chumbler posted:

And I am still in love with how good this game's music is.

Me, too.

(I still think that's one of the best running little recursive responses.)

Also you mentioned the spy microphone's 'feature' to be something probably easily fixed. I doubt it. It's hardly a feature. More like damage caused to any potential safeguards causing either the receiver or transmitter to send a high-frequency jolt. I sincerely doubt this happens by design.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 4, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Regarding the setting of this game, in the previous Ghost Trick LP, due to the fact that there is a minister, and at times, people make references to the gods, we decided that much like Ace Attorney takes place in Japanifornia, Ghost Trick takes place in Shinto England.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Regarding the setting of this game, in the previous Ghost Trick LP, due to the fact that there is a minister, and at times, people make references to the gods, we decided that much like Ace Attorney takes place in Japanifornia, Ghost Trick takes place in Shinto England.

:confused: We have always been at war with Furansu

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Don't even get the United Empire people talking about their neighbors, they could complain about the people from southern Isle Land for centuries

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

chumbler posted:

Is there anyone in Ghost Trick who isn't the best character?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I think some are more best than others, I don't know how that works exactly or who decides it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It's not even so much that they're all best or whatever, it's just that it's a little bit astounding how the game manages to add little bits of depth and history and quirks to every. Single. Character. There's not a single person in this goddamn game you won't care about at one point or another.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I just wanna pop by to say that if you're also following the Calling LP maybe avoid the latest episode because they drop hella Ghost Trick spoilers.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug
^^^^I have already played this game, but thank you for being awesome and putting that there for those who haven't!

Man, I saw that there were new posts in the thread, and was super excited for an update, and then there wasn't one. :saddowns:

I have been really loving this LP so far and am always excited for new updates! :f5:

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

Aw, that means a lot, thanks! The current break is due to David being abroad with sporadic internet, but I'm given to understand that he's working on a computer setup in the meantime. The show will go on!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You guys really have some great commentary for this game, which is no easy task given how much the game does to steal the spotlight.

Also I love that the game usually has two visible buttons, which are "Ghost" and "Trick". Looking forward to future lifesavings!

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
"ghost dick: phantom defective condom"

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

Mr DJB posted:

Git outta mah office!

Of course what David meant to say, according to his lawyers, is that we've recorded the next two episodes, so expect more updates very soon.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

King Christmas posted:

Of course what David meant to say, according to his lawyers, is that we've recorded the next two episodes, so expect more updates very soon.
Awesome to hear! More Ghost Trick and the reactions of someone that hasn't played through it are always welcome.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug

King Christmas posted:

Yay! Can't wait! :f5:

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

Update!

Chapter 8...No Commentary

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
All the cell bars open? Aren't prisons supposed to be designed fail-secure? The line they give about "for the prisoners' safety" doesn't make any sense either, since it should be perfectly safe for them to be locked in their cells.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

Pillbug

Sillyman posted:

All the cell bars open? Aren't prisons supposed to be designed fail-secure? The line they give about "for the prisoners' safety" doesn't make any sense either, since it should be perfectly safe for them to be locked in their cells.

Yes, it is perfectly safe for prisoners to be locked in their cells during a fire/earthquake/flood. :v:

Not making fun of you or anything, I don't think it is something a lot of people think about, but I am pretty sure that most prisons have fail-safes like that as well.

Also, haven't watched the video yet, still at work for 2 more hours, but I am glad to see this back! :) During the hiatus I binged through the game again, it is still really fun every time!

Glaive17 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 25, 2015

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

In a game full of Best Characters and Best Music, Jowd and his theme are my favourites. Not least because of the sass he gives Sissel here.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 25, 2015

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Sissel misunderstanding what an exucution means is one of my favorite 'Sissel doesn't know poo poo' gags.

And I don't think anybody likes the chapter 9 gameplay.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Glaive17 posted:

Also, haven't watched the video yet, still at work for 2 more hours, but I am glad to see this back! :) During the hiatus I binged through the game again, it is still really fun every time!

I'm also glad to see this back; Ghost Trick is one of my favorite games.

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

Sillyman posted:

I guess the prison was designed by a very ~Silly Man~

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I love this game so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Although the power's out, there's no need for concern:performing the Safety Dance is a key part of any emergency procedure.

• Locked thread