Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
There's probably a better version of this somewhere out there, but this is the one I've got bookmarked - Shu Takumi doing the Panic Dance live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Nidoking posted:

There's probably a better version of this somewhere out there, but this is the one I've got bookmarked - Shu Takumi doing the Panic Dance live

:allears:

That's just fantastic.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I'm still not sure what the heck is with that device in Sausagehead's cell that attaches to his noggin. I'm not even sure if that ever gets addressed at all in the game :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This game is great and I'm sad there's not more gifs of all the silly things that happen in it.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Several of these characters would do well on the Ginyu Tokusentai, methinks.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Dinictus posted:

I'm still not sure what the heck is with that device in Sausagehead's cell that attaches to his noggin. I'm not even sure if that ever gets addressed at all in the game :psyduck:

For a game that goes into incredible detail about every little thing towards it's ending I think that's the one thing left unexplained.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It makes his head taller, obviously.

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

I fell out of a plane crash because you need to stop.
Update! Boy am I glad to be done with my least favorite chapter. It's all uphill from here!

Chapter 9...No Commentary

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Pretty sure this is everyone's least favorite chapter, but the animations make up for it. :allears:

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I didn't really mind it, it's over pretty sharpish and it's not exactly intolerably hard. Plus, that rolling animation and the scene in the courtyard.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Well I made it to this point without spoilers and the youtube recommended poo poo got me at the end of it.

So close yet so far, how bad could a couple still frames be? (pretty bad don't make my mistake fellow blind watchers)

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I always love that part.

"EVERYTHING'S FINE"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Y'know, this is a pretty drat engaging little game. And Jowd's reasoning for being OK with being executed does make a bit of sense.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

SupSuper posted:

Pretty sure this is everyone's least favorite chapter, but the animations make up for it. :allears:
Rolling Jowd was one of my old avatars:

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

Update! One of my favorite chapters/characters/puzzles right here.

Chapter 10...No Commentary

And with that, I'm off on vacation for a week. See ya later.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Paul.Power posted:

Rolling Jowd was one of my old avatars:

Oh poo poo! I thought that av was something from the Simpsons!

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Sissel's selective memory is hilarious; he knows that "those who forget the past" quote...and yet is unclear on what kidnapping means.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
You know this chapter has highlighted some rather strange inconsistencies with the way the time travel in this game works - Lynne seems to be aware that that the justice minister was killed and then saved, even though she clearly wasn't brought back in time with them.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Lynne is just closer to death than most people...

She visits so often that Death knows how she takes her tea.

Alex0080
May 3, 2013

A jargogle posted:

You know this chapter has highlighted some rather strange inconsistencies with the way the time travel in this game works - Lynne seems to be aware that that the justice minister was killed and then saved, even though she clearly wasn't brought back in time with them.

Sissel can't talk to living people he hasn't saved from death previously.

Edit: wait, she mentions saving him before Sissel talks to him. So it was probably just a mistake there. Or Lynne just assumed that Sissel being there meant that someone was revived and since it wasn't her, it must have been him. I could see her going through that thought process and then immediately taking credit for saving someone.

Alex0080 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 25, 2015

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think maybe Lynne came in the room off-camera just in time to watch a globe stuck onto a decorative sword spin around and knock a bottle of pills across the room and into the hands of the minister, and from there applied her keen detective skills to figure out what happened.

She clearly wasn't along for the ride entirely, since Sissel had to explain the kidnapping to her.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

"please stop speaking ill of me inside my own head"

arn't Lynne alive at that moment?

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009

SniHjen posted:

"please stop speaking ill of me inside my own head"

arn't Lynne alive at that moment?

In addition to Sissel not being able to talk to people he hasn't saved, I think this is the first time that two people he's saved was within his vicinity where the player could enter their minds. Usually it's just Lynne he's bantering with most of the time.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Just hoping this is not dead, I've been really enjoying this so far.

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

SystemLogoff posted:

Just hoping this is not dead, I've been really enjoying this so far.

LP's still going. My motivation took a dive a while ago and I hit a rough slump of procrastination, but I've resumed work on it. It's comments like this that keep me going, incidentally.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
I've also been eager to see more of this game. The game and your comments are both extremely charming, thus far.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I have really been enjoying this LP. I had seen this done as a screenshot LP but the animations and your commentary make this great. Very much looking forward to the next video.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Oh how I wish that an iPhone update didn't render my copy of this game and The World Ends With You useless.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Geostomp posted:

Oh how I wish that an iPhone update didn't render my copy of this game and The World Ends With You useless.

Actually Ghost Trick was recently fixed for iOS 7+ so it should be fine now.

iOS 9 might break it again though.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Geostomp posted:

TWEWY Was al also recently fixed

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Fedule posted:

Actually Ghost Trick was recently fixed for iOS 7+ so it should be fine now.

iOS 9 might break it again though.
They "fixed" it but now the DLC isn't available so you can't get past chapter 2 where the free content ends and you have to buy the rest of the game, you can't even restore your purchases if you've bought the content before.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

They "fixed" it but now the DLC isn't available so you can't get past chapter 2 where the free content ends and you have to buy the rest of the game, you can't even restore your purchases if you've bought the content before.

That'll teach me to ever give Capcom a shred of credit for anything.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

King Christmas posted:

LP's still going. My motivation took a dive a while ago and I hit a rough slump of procrastination, but I've resumed work on it. It's comments like this that keep me going, incidentally.

You can do it, King Christmas! I am very much looking forward to a new update, you guys are great! I will cheer you on as much as you need it! :cheers:

King Christmas
Oct 17, 2012

Update!

Chapter 11...No Commentary

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Argh, I have to go to work! I'll watch this later tonight.

:peanut:

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

Yay! At work for another 8 hours, but will watch when I get home.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Watched it, and, as usual, the commentary is gold.

So's the game, too, of course, but that's pretty much a given at this point. I have to say, though, the luggage reveal is one of the best moments of 'Whut the!!' in a game chock filled with glorious surprises. I just can't get over the way it just folds open and shut. Little blue guy put effort into making that trunk.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I love watching someone experience this game for the first time. :allears:

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Just.. Just chiming in to say that I love this game but can't say anything specific for fear of spoiling something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I think I just figured out who helped her out and is helping Sissy along.

• Locked thread