Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This game is absolutely fantastic in every way and everyone should buy it in whatever format it is best available to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something I really like about the music (among the everything I like about this game) is that with one exception all of the music keeps a feeling of darkness that isn't ominous or oppressive, but just conveys a feeling of being up late at night when a city is mostly asleep. Even the jauntier themes still have a sort of feeling of insomnia or being on that nth cup of coffee.

Also Missile is great, but my favorite character is Lynne. It's a real shame that this game will probably never have a sequel since I think it didn't sell terribly well. But then I don't remember it being particularly widely advertised, either.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 18, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Not to get into spoilers but it really doesn't need a sequel. Shu Takumi just needs to make more games that aren't Phoenix Wright. (And I say that as someone who likes Phoenix Wright)

I meant more a sequel in mechanics, animation, writing, and general charm, not a direct sequel. A sequel would not in any way have to be a direct continuation of the game to preserve everything great about it. Believe me, I've finished the game, and we should say no more than that since it really, really shouldn't be spoiled for anyone who hasn't played it.

Oh man, just thinking about it, this game's art style would transition perfectly to the 3DS's style of 3D.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 18, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"Ha ha! I died again!" was the point where Lynne became my favorite character, and she only gets better and, I doubt anyone will be surprised by this, continues to die in ever more absurd ways.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It bears repeating that the animations in this game are so good, particularly in the recording of the junkyard events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In case you all were not aware, Lynne is The Best.

And I am still in love with how good this game's music is.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 4, 2015

• Locked thread