Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In as Factory of Madness and unlike hardcore fans Kayakyakr and Metapod I have watched zero actual college basketball this year so prepare to be destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

goldboilermark posted:

I haven't watched enough Gonzaga this year, but I feel that Iowa could give the Zags a real good game. Am I crazy?

This seems like a relatively popular upset pick, so nah I don't think so. The Zags biggest strength is their size and Iowa is up there with pretty much everyone except Kentucky in that regard. Gonzaga is obviously a lot better but Iowa certainly could play with them, especially if Gonzaga does what they usually do in the tournament. Other than KU it's the best 2 seed matchup we could have gotten, but honestly I'm just worried about getting past Davidson. That's going to be a really tough game and I just have visions of them making a billion threes and running us out of the gym. Cheering for a team who can't shoot (outside of Uthoff) is extremely frustrating.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
In as "SHANE FALCO IS MY DAD" and my picks are terrible.

UK, Wisc, ISU, Louisville are my final 4.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
I have Davidson in my sweet 16 based off the one game I watched them play (@UVA).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Wickerman posted:

In as "SHANE FALCO IS MY DAD" and my picks are terrible.

UK, Wisc, ISU, Louisville are my final 4.

This isn't really that bad aside from Louisville.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

MourningView posted:

I just feel like I didn't include enough upsets, I suppose.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
college basketball is not good (a true statement and also the name of my bracket) but i always do one of these and sometimes do quite well

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Finally got mine in. Rondae's Shimmy, y'all.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

balla as heck

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

please tell me that he does this for every free throw and is a legit NBA prospect

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

IcePhoenix posted:

please tell me that he does this for every free throw and is a legit NBA prospect
Yes, and probably a lottery pick this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

IcePhoenix posted:

He does and I hate it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

In as Colonel Reb is Cryin'. Yes I know it's football-related.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yes, and probably a lottery pick this year.

He is not going to be a lottery pick. He might go somewhere in the back half of the first.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Stole it from KD

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze

I don't know what it sees in Buffalo, honestly. I ran it a bunch of times and Buffalo got there just as often as Kentucky.

It's because the simulator watched this gif on repeat: http://www.gfycat.com/AnimatedShockingBobcat

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Also, just to be clear, full name of my bracket should be, "Probably Magic Is Not Good At Brackets."

I have Wisconsin winning, this should tell you a lot.

Luckily, Obama curses whoever he picks as champion, and he picked UK, so let the upsets begin!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you want to game theory it and pick Not Kentucky Arizona or Wisconsin are probably the two best bets.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

If you want to game theory it and pick Not Kentucky Arizona or Wisconsin are probably the two best bets.

Duke because there's a god and he hates me.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think Wisconsin will win it all, but it will probably be Kentucky and I hate that.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

MourningView posted:

Because UCI is going to beat Louisville in the 1st round.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

In as Troy Queef Hates Laettner (which I do)

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
In as Cliff Alexander's Loan Payment.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
In as Tubby Smith Motorcycle Diaries.

Last place in the pool and in our hearts.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah this feels like one of those years. Duke will beat UK and Dick Vitale will literally jizz himself on camera.

Might as well get used to it because it's totally happening.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
My bracket depends on 2/3 of Kentucky contracting Ebola after their final 4 game, but before the finals.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I got Iowa State winning

what happened

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
In as "LOL 5 SEC Teams".

UK, UVA, UNC and Gonzaga in my Final Four. Welp.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In as "Hogs gonna win (then lose)"

Very excited for my bracket to get blown up in just a few short hours.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Eh, their ceiling is a little higher but overall they weren't as good as those two. Arizona was quietly destroying people and no one really noticed because it was on the west coast and they weren't as good as Kentucky. Also if you're going to go agains the grain and go with not Kentucky you might as well knock them out earlier, and those are probably the only teams on that side you could predict to do it without being totally crazy.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 19, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

Eh, their ceiling is a little higher but overall they weren't as good as those two. Arizona was quietly destroying people and no one really noticed because it was on the west coast and they weren't as good as Kentucky.

I think Arizona and Wisconsin are both better than Duke, but Duke got a loving cake walk to the Elite 8, and frankly, the Final. But generally speaking, you're right. I was mostly being smarmy about Duke.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It is true that the Duke side of the bracket is way easier, especially with Virginia at less than full strength (I guess this depends on how you feel about Gonzaga though). Arizona should have gotten their 1 seed but oh well.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Arizona's three losses are loving atrocious. Arizona should be undefeated, and couldn't seal the deal against three bottom-feeders.

I almost want a Duke-Arizona championship game because I want 2001 to be avenged. But I also don't want to have the chance of Duke winning another championship.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Arizona's three losses are loving atrocious. Arizona should be undefeated, and couldn't seal the deal against three bottom-feeders.

I almost want a Duke-Arizona championship game because I want 2001 to be avenged. But I also don't want to have the chance of Duke winning another championship.

Arizona's three losses are pretty much equal to Duke's TBH.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Arizona's three losses are pretty much equal to Duke's TBH.
Duke lost to Notre Dame (twice), NC State (a tournament team), and Miami. Miami won 22 games, and Arizona's losses came to teams with fewer than 20 wins (and no tourney teams).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They got throttled by Miami though so that's probably worse than the Arizona losses. But in general yeah.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Duke lost to Notre Dame (twice), NC State (a tournament team), and Miami. Miami won 22 games, and Arizona's losses came to teams with fewer than 20 wins (and no tourney teams).

My bad, for some reason I thought Miami was like 19-13.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just snuck in with my bracket. It will be bad. I'm also unoriginal and picked Kentucky to win.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Got in the pool just in the nick of time.

In as big ol big 12 homer

Was contemplating an all big 12 final four, but that would have been plain silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I will be very pleased if I can make it through the first window of games without an L. That isn't too much to ask, really, since there is a 2 and 3 3's playing, but I usually drop the second one so, uhh.... don't screw me on this one Iowa State.

• Locked thread