Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Really interested in the COD episode. Seems out of the wheelhouse, but sometimes these things lead to really interesting results.

Also is anyone talking about Dreeps? It's that alarm setting RPG for iOS and I am in it so deep, I need someone to confirm in not crazy (or confirm my crazy or snap me out of my crazy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

As someone sensitive to Bloodborne spoilers, how should I approach Giant Bomb, Idle Thumbs, etc this week? I'm at the second boss currently.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Chris

The look you were struggling to place in Demon/Dark Souls is the look of the original D&d. Demon Souls in particular is a love letter to the look from the original Dungeon and Dragons. The most flagrant examples are the mind flayers in the Tower of Latvia, but almost every enemy in the series has an analog.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Carmack, being prescient as he is, knew WoFF would do Commander Keen in the future and was trying to set up Kole a mention of the cycle of Samsara. From his time egg in the ancient future, he failed to account for Nazis. Only possible explanation.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

For me it's just an extension that Steam as a company doesn't seem to want to be a curator, and is rapidly running away from that role. People have a feeling that if its on Steam, the product has some inherent quality still, which I don't think is actually true anymore but perception lags behind reality a bit.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Congrats on the 100 episodes. Gary and Kole. I hope you keep the ducks fed another 100 and then some.

Couple of things

Good episode, good game and good choice.

Thanks for the shout out, glad to play my own small part.

Gary, you should watch Birdman. Either you'll like it or hate it.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

When I listen to a gaming podcast I don't need an audio review of the latest graphics on of the latest AAA. The tangents are the interesting part. Games are great, but I don't want facts about them, I want experiences and stories and vaguely related topics.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Look at you, winning the mayoral election of Wrongtown.

Danielle consistently gives me exactly enough about a game which I potentially haven't played. She's engaging on mic, consistently bringing games I don't hear other podcasters talking about, and still keeps up with the hot title of the moment. I can understand if you didn't think she was funny (humor being subjective and all), but I don't think you can call her a bad podcasters. It's probably a symptom of Idle Thumbs not being the format for you, as stated above.

Idle Thumbs isn't for deep dives, it's a slice of what some people are playing at the moment.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Per the latest Abject Suffering, the series where Dr. Octopus takes over Peter Parker's body was "The Superior Spiderman". I am told that it is good.

Spiderman can be terrible, my go to is the time Spiderman sold his marriage to the devil to save 70 something Aunt May's life. This happened recently, even if it sounds like a gold or silver age plotline.

I also heartily recommend the David Letterman performance of Freaks Like Me.

Also, the dramatic reading reminded me of a podcast I've been listening to lately, called Eric and the Legion. Eric reads the Silver Age Legion of Superheroes comics in a somewhat dramatic fashion.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Regular Human Basketball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp6R9XzNbow

http://www.powerhoof.com/regular-human-basketball/

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Austin Walker is my new favorite Giant Bomb personality. Also he actually seems plugged into the indie scene.

Related, Her Story is a good game, play it with someone else for optimal results.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Did anyone do a spoilercast for Her Story? Everything I listened to danced around it (Looking at you Idle Thumbs and Hot Dog) or didn't beat it (Gary)

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

ja2ke posted:

It was recorded last night!

Cool! I'm looking forward to this.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

If you're looking for a game that does the 999 style story but better, consider checking out No One Has To Die. It's free and web based and you can do it in an hour. It has a lot of the themes and tropes of 999, but executes in a non-annoying way. Also it isn't anime.

http://die.clay.io/game/die

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Everything is anime. Everything. There is no escape.

they_live_anime.gif

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Giant Bomb subscribers, Austin and Dan are on the same podcast on the latest Powerbombcast. What that says about wrestling I don't know, but as someone who doesn't follow wrestling, the podcast is still interesting.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Tae posted:

Giant Bomb East is very enjoyable, and their crossover podcast this week was also very enjoyable.

Austin Walker is my favorite new podcasting personality of 2015 (yes I know he has been podcasting for several years prior, but that was an actual play podcast). He's the anti Dan Rykert, but not in a hostile or canceling way, more of a ying and yang thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

I listen to Match 3, and it's not perfect. Patrick needs control a bit less, Sam needs to pipe up more. If you hate the non-gaming stuff in your gaming podcast, this won't be the one for you. It's more a let's look at the cultural stuff around gaming rather than what is your feelings about game X. It's the slight shift in perspective that makes it interesting for me. Also Gita Jackson is cool.

• Locked thread