Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Phone posted:

OP, can you please create a separate ranking for all of the podcasts in terms of the quantity and quality of puns? Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry but if you want puns there's really only one choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0MewQeNjQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I like that you felt compelled to include Laser Time, because Chris Antista is easily one of my favorite podcasty type peoples to listen to, at least when he's not busy wallowing in self-pity (cheer up you gross farty hairball). Although every time Henry Gilbert's on I find myself ardently wishing he'd learn to shut the gently caress up sometimes and be a team player instead of constantly grabbing at the wheel like an antsy toddler and trying to steer it directly into "but enough about other things, let's talk about me for a second podcast".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pasco posted:

A depressing and delayed point about this episode:

The "Death from Above" chapter with the gunship that you guys both felt was a good commentary on the gamification of war and was a section of the game that actually handled the nature of modern conflict in a nuanced and interesting way? Well (apparently) the devs just thought that was cool as poo poo technology and a loving awesome set-piece, and whenever asked were always super shocked that people read all this 'thoughtful bullshit' into it.

It's understandable that you read the scene as you did, as that was the reaction from the wider gaming press as well, but the intentionality you ascribe simply isn't there. This was created as just another rad-awesome, ooh-rah, look-how-big-our-guns-are military wank-fest.
I haven't actually listened to that episode yet, but authorial intention is, or at least can be, irrelevant to reading any text. Even a video game. Doesn't matter what they wanted it to look like, only what it looked like. Tommy Wiseau intended The Room to be a serious drama (until he realized everyone was laughing at it). Shakespeare's sonnets were intended to get his dick wet.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

steampunk people are like furry internet atheists. they're all dragons and wolves and poo poo, no-one's a cockroach.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The gently caress are you talking about?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah I doubt id Software intended to put a Buddhist religious symbol in their video game about a small child's imagination.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I wish I could find an example, but one of the great things about living in East Asia is that every few years some FOB writes a letter to one of the English-language newspapers complaining about all the swastikas around the place and how racist and ignorant it is.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

In the glory days of GameFAQs that your pining for, would there be a complete in-depth guide to a game like Axiom Verge six days after its release?
Almost certainly.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

What about when TotalBiscuit is having sufferability difficulties?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I can't imagine why anyone might find a guy who unironically posted this or this completely insufferable.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ramagamma posted:

I dunno like. quite a few posters here obviously not enquired with their doctors about why faecal matter is coming out their mouths.
You're allowed to like the Internet video game man.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Phone posted:

Reminder that TB's first post on SA was a "check out my website" and casually mentioning that he has an IQ of 170 and is a member of Mensa or something.
Possibly the funniest part, the little cherry on top of that comedy sundae, was the fact he signed the post.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

And during Peak D&D at that.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Got a non-itunes link?

e: Great, thanks!

sub supau fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 7, 2015

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's good that his cancer is going away. It doesn't make him less of a prick.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

What?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Akuma posted:

And this extends to going against what the games explicitly say because the original text in glorious Nippon says something slightly different so the baka gaijin who did the localisation must be wrong.
This is actually considered a given in regard to translations in the "real world" - where there is a discrepancy between source and target documents, the source takes precedence, because there's every chance someone screwed up or there's some nuance in the source that didn't quite make the transition.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

In my experience cats have an uncanny ability to know exactly when you want them to be quiet and then proceed to be deliberately noisy just to make sure you know who's actually in charge.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

edit: I don't know who the hell said MeUndies wicks poo poo away but they were wrong, says Man Living In Desert Who Bought Podcast Underpants
Sweat. They're supposed to wick sweat away.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tir McDohl posted:

I don't think a single one of them mentioned the actual problems with it besides people whining about paying.
Aside from mods using assets from other mods or whatever, what are the actual problems?

(Not even being a poo poo, I genuinely do not know.)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bug Squash posted:

This is far from an original observation, but 90% of Steam's recent problems seem to stem from the naive libertarian coder stereotype that makes up most of their staff.
What percentage comes from the naive libertarian coder stereotype that makes up most of their (vocal) customers?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

God Hand should have been number one solely on the strength of the end credits :colbert:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The problem with cyclists isn't anything to do with infrastructure or skill, it's the same problem as with "gamers" - it's assholes who've got a hobby confused for a personality.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Snail horror exists the manga series Uzumaki is about the horror of spirals and involves a lot of snails.
That's... cool?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

No-one remembers Crazy Taxi as being full of Offspring songs. Everyone just remembers Crazy Taxi as being full of YA YA YA YA YAAA

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"It's the Year of the Tadpole, the Summer of Cum" has been running through my head all afternoon. Thanks Obama Butterfield.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Does Hatoful Boyfriend not count as a VN?

Regardless, visual novels are for the most part a Japanese equivalent of reading Playboy for the articles.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

The sequel was announced this last E3 and Obsidian is no longer involved, instead Ubisoft is developing it in collaboration with South Park studios.
Oh man, how is the town going to deal with hundreds of radio towers suddenly popping up?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I fully support anyone "the Giant Bomb community" hates, purely on the basis that every post by one of them at or about Klepek was stunningly pathetic and petty.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Twitch posted:

They seem pretty new to podcasting in general, and there are some audio issues, but it's also one of the only shows where the hosts are actually in the same room.
What, like Idle Thumbs, both Bombcasts, Video Games Hot Dog, Vidjagame Apocalypse, the Duckfeed podcasts....

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pasco posted:

They also give a gently caress about editing to the point that it can be hard to tell they're not all in the same room (except when Zack talks over Riff like some kind of rear end in a top hat).
Yeah I just remembered that, so I guess I look increasingly like an rear end in a top hat given:

Song For The Deaf posted:

Everything at Duckfeed is done over Skype.
And as for you, stop being so drat good at that, you're making me make myself look like an rear end in a top hat.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

XRD top 4 was hype as hell but considering it was 2 millias, a zato and a faust I expect it was also incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't play GG
I've played like five minutes of the first one and while I couldn't understand it even at the rudimentary level I get SF4, it was still pretty awesome to watch (and Salty Bet on).

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bobservo posted:

Opinions with an agenda are unethical. Unlike the opinions of me, the guy who wants to prove you wrong.
Only wrong opinions have agendas and biases. I'm right, so clearly I don't have an agenda, just truth. Suck it Skeleton Warriors.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

re: Abject Suffering and "I've never seen Minesweeper mashups", that has been a huge variety of smaller titles lately.

Minesweeper + hex grid/custom board designs (probably the best variant)
Yeah after looking at those ones you linked I went and bought Hexcells Infinite, and it's really good. It being able to generate puzzles based on a random seed (or today's date) is cool, and while it still has the Minesweeper problem of occasionally leaving you with no choice but to pick something at random, the additions do a lot to reduce that and make it more puzzle-y. For $5, if you're even slightly interested in a modernized Minesweeper you should really get this game.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

when's abject suffering but for anime
If anyone ever does this and doesn't call it "According to Keikaku" I will be Very Disappointed.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It doesn't help that most of the anime that makes it to the English-speaking world is either the kind that would appeal to English-speaking anime fans or for actual children.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

gallilee posted:

Holy poo poo!!
The trolling of Nick Breckon in GTA 5 on the latest idle thumbs is goddamn hysterical!
Watch it!
Following a hunch and the resulting short breadcrumb trail, apparently that's a hack/mod called "GTA V Menace", with a menu that includes "Attach to Player (Back)" and "Explosive Bullets".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Is this supposed to mean something?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Does anyone remember which Idle Thumbs episode(s) had all the GamerGrub talk? The database drew a blank.... All I remember for sure is that it was super early in OG Thumbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

In Taipei, Ikea is an incredibly popular place to take dates. Not even kidding.

• Locked thread