Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

Timett posted:

Has Nintendo talked about gameplay differences between the different Mario sets in Mario Maker? If I use SMW assets and it plays the same as if I use SM1 assets or NSMB or whatever that just aint right.

Last year at E3, Tezuka said he was having trouble reconciling the physics differences between classic and New Mario styles, which suggests the tile set choices will be strictly cosmetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

fruitpunch posted:

I love the micro episodes, myself.

On the subject of Retronauts, can Jeremy start his own Prog-rock podcast, I would listen to that.

Sadly, that would be illegal in most states.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

fruitpunch posted:

True GameFAQs fact: The only reason I ended up listening to Retronauts was because back in the early 00s I used Jeremy Parish's Chrono Cross guide to help me get all characters and I was curious if it was the same dude.

It surely must have been some other Jeremy Parish, because after the Chrono Trigger/Cross Retronauts episode a bunch of frothy Chrono fanboys went around posting lengthy screeds about how much of a Chrono Cross-hating monster I am.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Is there something that Ray got pilloried for too? Because I can't think of it, but that probably leaves him as the lone Retronauts host to not end up setting off some weird niche of listeners.

I can't imagine Ray ever being pilloried for anything. He's too pure, too authentic.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

al-azad posted:

Retronauts guys can finally rest easy, Mega Man Legends will be hitting PSN next week and I can only assume MML2 will follow soon.

The price of eternal freedom is eternal vigilance. Now the campaign begins for SaGa Frontier, Einhänder, and Kartia.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

TetsuoTW posted:

Perhaps the answer is somewhere in the middle :suicide:

Magnificent.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

Jippa posted:

If you want to feel old. 1UP yours and GFW radio started almost a decade ago. Shawn is trying to get some of the GFW people back together for an episode (nothing confirmed yet).

It's great! When Retronauts turns 10 next fall I'll finally be allowed to return to my home planet.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I have actually wondered this for a bit with Good Nintentions and Game Boy World starting up: are you planning to pull a Ray and drop down from the host rotation next season? It's seemed like Bob is stepping up a bit more as the face fella of Retronauts these past few months.

He says, as if Bob and occasionally Ray don't pop in here too.

Bob won't let me leave. I'm currently shackled to a desk locked inside the recording vault as I type this. Please send help.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

bobservo posted:

I have a box of about 80 Retronauts shirts in my bedroom so I'm going to try and wear them all at once.

I have zero Retronauts merchandise from the past three years because SOMEONE never shares.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

Woffle posted:

Before we get off of that Retronauts, how on earth did you gets get away with not mentioning Matoya's Theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydRVuK8OoM

We could have mentioned everything, and probably would have, but Kohler has changed since he created life. He was super fidgety to leave for the final half hour of recording, in case he missed baby's first SEGA diss while he was out, or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

HolePisser1982 posted:

I finally got around to checking out VGHD and Retronauts and they're both so goddamn good. Digging into the backlog for both of the shows has been the sweetest treat from the podcast teat

Well I guess we have our new marketing tagline.

• Locked thread