Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the disconnect between people with the word 'rougelike' seems like it has alot to do with whether a person describes a game genre by what the game's systems do or describes a genre by what the player does to interact with the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Woffle posted:

No joke, the other, way stupider title we were kicking around? Age of Atalkalypse. I thought it had a terrible, Pitch-esque quality to it but Days of Future Cast is actually good.

i was already really into the monster manual podcast idea but now i think i might give you guys some money just for not using that name

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Woffle posted:

We would watch the movies, we would play the MMO (when we got to it, of course). Obviously, for the MMOs, we couldn't put in the 80+ hours required to reach whatever constitutes an end game. What we'd do is start new characters and play for a few weeks, using the show like a diary or what have you, then bring in an expert to tell us about the stuff we didn't get to.

X-Men: First Cast is a great name too. That'll be the x-men movies spinoff.

neither of you guys are big mmo'ers in general right? it'll be interesting to see a new person's perspective of XIV since the early game is very much designed for the japanese audience that hasn't become totally accustomed to all the various trappings of WoW-style mmos like the west

(also it'll be interesting to see a new person's perspective of XI because gently caress has morbid curiosity gotten me close to trying that out for a month just to see how it stacks up to its infamy)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

Don't loving do it, I speak from experience as someone who went "I've played bad games all my life and a lovely MMO can't be much worse".

look sometimes there's nothing left to do in xiv but raid until the next patch comes

sometimes the call of a playable blue mage haunts me in sleepless nights

• Locked thread