Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Here is a really focused podcast: The Kerbal podcast

I always make time to actually listen to this podcast and I rarely play the game lately, really well put together 'cast, and sometimes they do a portion of the 'cast about a movie that they do after the credits.

RSS feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stan Taylor posted:

I've probably asked this before, but does anyone have any general boardgame 'cast recommendations? Shut Up and Sit down used to be my go to, but they tend to not post them regularly and also have shows devoted to those "game experience" room escape type things that I will never be able to play. I've got On Board Games and Board Games To Go in my feed, but both are kinda dry and too nerdy for me. Three Moves Ahead is rad, but they generally cover hardcore wargames if they are doing a tabletop episode, and I don't play those.

You mentioned On Board Games, is there any other shows on that network that you've tired? I like the Dice Tower podcast myself.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

101 posted:

I just wish they were all mic'd up rather than sitting around a table with one microphone

Yeah, unidirectional mics and proper levels would be nice.

Edit: Uni for omni, sorry, a tad stunned tonight.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

al-azad posted:

I'm glad Persona 5 was delayed because if it released in 2015 I don't know how I'd balance anime military sim over anime nightmare highschool sim. And Fallout 4 is coming out in 2-ish months, fuuuuck.

I'm waiting on FO based on figuring out which console it'll play better on. I bought NV on the PS3, and boy did that suck with the DLC.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pasco posted:

SHODAN is System Shock. Why the gently caress would they get rid of her?

That would be like portal getting rid of GLaDOS.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

HMS Boromir posted:

Years of listening to WOFF have made me like a lot of other game podcasts way less, because "oh I played this for 3 hours, here's my spoiler-free opinions" doesn't feel worthwhile to listen to compared to the sort of in depth discussion you get from the book club format.

On that note, any other podcasts I should be looking into for that sort of thing? Retronauts, probably?

Cain and Rinse does this pretty well too. http://caneandrinse.com/

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else listen to Match 3? I'm seriously thinking about dropping that one, I can't say I like any of the hosts at all.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Isn't this the patrick klepeck podcast? I don't really think he's a good host. And I'm always bored while reading episode descriptions or what games they talk about.

Yes, yes it is. And if anything he has become worse since leaving GB. Oh well. I think I'll can it. Last ep. they spent a good chunk of it talking about Rhianna. Seriously?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

I do, for now. Pop music chat doesn't help. Neither does chronic complaints of exasperation. Idle Weekend touches similar show topics but does a better job on all counts.

"Oh my God, you like Lorde, she writes like a teenager. I wrote like her when I was that age, blah blah blah.". Then continue to hammer the fact on twitter, so edgy. Blogger of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kerbal podcast! First post after the o.p.

• Locked thread