Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wasn't he rectally bleeding for ages and thought it was because of his "online stress" which of course then turned out to be his butt cancer when he finally bothered to go and get it checked out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ramagamma posted:

Yay, shaming people for visting doctors, arn't we a gaudy bunch.

Uh, no? Not even remotely? In fact the utter opposite?

Jippa posted:

For the record I don't like totalbiscuit but if you had ever known any one with cancer you wouldn't find what happened to him funny. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I have leukemia myself, and you're right, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He's still an idiot for not going and getting a bleeding anus checked out by a doctor for way the hell too long.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

Was the PS3 HD rerelease any good?

Eventually. ZOE1 was passable enough, but ZOE2 was a loving disaster. Bad enough that Konami, in a strange fit of goodwill, hired Hexadrive (who did the excellent Okami HD port) to redo Hi-Voltage's shitshow from scratch and put it out as a patch. The 360 version didn't get the same treatment, though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-konami-remade-zoe-hd-remaster

e: Also Fist of Mars rules and ZOE: I, Dolores was goofy good fun.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 12, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I know this is a controversial position to take but I think the rational atheist podcast guy is justified in challenging accusations that he snubbed make a wish kids or whatever.

Yeah, pretty much.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm looking forward to the Retronauts episode about The Witness in 20 years.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

The Black Mages' rendition of Matoya's theme has been one of my favorite music tracks for many years. It's really well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl8_r4NPNjg

Yeah, it's good poo poo. I like the XIV version too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvKqkgWZOc

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sentence all slapfight havers to the worst punishment: Listening to that Sonic call-in episode of Retronauts on repeat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

XI is still a post-EQ pre-WOW MMO, but they've tapered off a lot of the bullshit in the last couple years. You can almost immediately take four NPCs with you at all times and the Rhapsodies missions keep on giving you stacking +XP key items so you end up getting through things really fast. The days of crab farming in Valkurn are long gone.

It's still slow as gently caress and obtuse as all get out, but you can pretty much play it as a single player game now so hey.

That said, anyone wishing for it to come back and kill XIV is a grade-A idiot and should be wholly disregarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I hope the free downloadable version they put up for migrating console users has somewhat current data files.

I think it's the same as the current Steam installer, so it's everything up to Seekers of Adoulin and then it just patches in Rhapsodies of Vana'diel.

PlayOnline is such a fascinating piece of crap. I love it for that weird realization of "every computer is going to use this single program!" fantasy you see in anime like .hack and it totally doesn't work despite how Square tried to push it. Bonus points for almost every bit of info in that one loving FF9 strategy guide telling you to go to POL instead.

• Locked thread