Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jippa posted:

The last two episodes of idle thumbs have been excellent. I'm strangely looking forward to next weeks nick and chris special. :)

I'm setting the over/under on games played between them at 1.5.

I'm looking forward to it too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Song For The Deaf posted:

Zone of the Enders.

Do you mean the Tanker part of Metal Gear Solid 2? I thought that was the only reason anyone bought/rented ZoE.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Listening to Jim talking about Uptown Funk on Video Games Hot Dog was incredible in every way :allears:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

One of my favourite things is skeletons playing their own bodies like percussion instruments so I guess I have to play this game now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

gallilee posted:

Holy poo poo!!
The trolling of Nick Breckon in GTA 5 on the latest idle thumbs is goddamn hysterical!
Watch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMUe7qMxM1s

Somehow this is even better than I imagined it in my head.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

coyo7e posted:

RE: Ikea furniture in the newest Thumbs.. I just go in and say "oh hey wow, these instructions were backward and there are all these holes stuck on the wrong side (no I totally didn't drink a six pack while I was putting together that cabinet, and then start drilling holes when I decided it was hosed up). Never had anyone even give me a second look, for returning half-assembled/broken furniture. Since the instructions on most of that stuff are written in in random language and then translated in the style of black market chinese t-shirts, you can usually just blame that.

edit: the name of the crashing-mac icon in the early mac OSes was literally "sad Mac"

I don't know how many six-packs you had, but I put IKEA furniture together a month ago and the instructions didn't have any words on them at all.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Stan Taylor posted:

Crate and Crowbar still doesn't sound better that I can tell. How long does it take patreon to give people money?

On their last podcast they said they just got their first parcel of money. Mics haven't been bought as of the time of that recording

e: by last I meant ep 109, haven't listened to 110 yet

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

"Clowns is scary" is a loving tired meme.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jippa posted:

I would like IT to attempt to cover soma (if they aren't already):

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/21/soma-review/

They discussed the live action trailers a long time ago, but don't think anything since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBCm7Pwwx3o&t=3884s

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

I just want to say that I had a wicked bad elementary-school crush on the female lead from this. I think? It's been a while. Was her name Sophia or was that the tank?

Sophia is the tank and the main character is a dude named Jason.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I Don't Even Own a Podcast Television Podcast is pretty good, but really depends on the strength of its guest. Just keep in mind you'll need to skip some episodes because his guest is a dud.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tae posted:

I mean, if your problem with jrpgs is random encounters and stuff, jrpgs for the most part have stopped that since like....2008?

I don't think Earthbound had any random fights and it came out in the mid-90s. No idea why people keep putting them in.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Is Idle Weekend not going to happen or did the Thumbs just stop announcing it until it actually starts?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Chris Remo posted:

I promise it is still coming!! A bunch of life events and logistical issues have pushed it back it longer than we were expecting. But Danielle and Rob have done a couple test episodes and they can't wait to get it going. It should be really soon!

Ok cool, just making sure. I was a little worried that it was cancelled and you stopped mentioning it and were hoping for it to get swept under the rug but this is a relief.

Can't wait!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jippa posted:

I just got the end of the latest episode we need to know what happened to the bear.

I was really hoping that they just left it and we'd hear it all the way through the next Video Games Hot Dog recording.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

If you folks can't get enough puzzles you should check out http://www.puzzledpint.com and see if it's available in your area. There's a vague podgames tie-in because I think Kevin from Video Games Hot Dog hosts the San Francisco one sometimes.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

If you folks can't get enough puzzles you should check out http://www.puzzledpint.com and see if it's available in your area. There's a vague podgames tie-in because I think Kevin from Video Games Hot Dog hosts the San Francisco one sometimes.

If yesterday was your first time going I want to apologize because some of this month's puzzles were really bad. Usually they are much better.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I really wanted to like Idle Weekend but I just can't put up with Rob Zacny's speaking cadence.

It's like he, umm, can't think can't think can't think about what he wants to, uhhh, say? But........... uh, that doesn't stop him from talking.

And I listen to Dave Meltzer so I can put up with some serious poo poo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Phone posted:

OK, now complain about Sarah Koenig's vocal fry and I'll have a bingo.

Vocal fry is Actually Fine and doesn't make one sound like a mumbling, bumbling doofus.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Don't start a sentence if you don't know how you're going to finish it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I forget what podcast talked about it (Thumbs? Weekend? Hot Dog? Crowbar???) but that Diablo post mortem from GDC is up now

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I just started playing Dark Souls 2 a few weeks ago and after I clear an area I listen to the corresponding episode about that zone. I've been keeping a pretty good pace so it's pretty obvious that all my downloads are what put them over the top.

In short, you're welcome Gary and Kole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Idle Fingers

• Locked thread