Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Count me in as someone else who made the disastrous decision of buying this last week, ensuring I won't do anything worthwhile for the foreseeable future.

That said, I've hit two fairly major issues, but reading this thread I didn't see them mentioned. The first is that in one of my cities, commercial demand completely disappeared around the time I hit the milestone for high density zones. I've zoned some high density commercial, a bit of which did get built up at first, but afterwards not a single commercial building appeared. And I kept playing for a long while afterwards, going from ~10,000 people to ~40,000. The lack of commercial demand, and resulting lack of commercial buildings, meant that my industry had trouble finding buyers for their products, although I alleviated that by building more offices for jobs and using cargo rail depots to try to export as much as possible (resulting in my rail connections having the worst traffic of anything on the map, except for roads in front of the cargo depots themselves). Anyone else hit that?

The second issue, which is probably worse, is that the game will sometimes get stuck while saving a game. Normally, after clicking save I'm returned to the map, and a busy icon appears in the top right corner of the screen, with "saving" appearing briefly, and then "packaging" for a second or so. But, once in a while, "saving" will stay there forever, and the game will be half frozen, with scrolling the map and a couple of other things still working, but everything else not responding. Trying to quit the game leads to an infinite loading screen. I've tried waiting half an hour, but it seems the only thing I can do is use the task manager to kill the process. This results in a corrupt save file appearing in the list of saved files.

sigseven posted:

Here's what I replaced it with:

Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

TheQat posted:

@YeOldeButchere: I think CO knows about the save crash bug. I've seen it too, though only once, and we've had other reports of it in this thread.

The commercial demand is 100% for sure on the top of their list to investigate/fix. Seems parks take up all your tourists' time, as it stands, so no one wants to go shopping.

Ok then, that's definitely good to know. The weird thing about the save issue is that all three times it happened so far is after I've played a good long while without saving. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but it's certainly annoying.