Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I am assuming the paw print is pets? Did CS1 track pets/animals? I wonder if we will have options to provide/grow veterinary services. All those screenshots are getting me super hyped up seems like the SIM is going to be a lot more in-depth than the previous game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Seems like the trains will be used for regional transport as well.

quote:

Trains carry large amounts of passengers and cargo and while their infrastructure size makes them better suited for intercity transport, they can be used locally as well. To create train lines you need to first build a Rail Yard, which sends out and maintains your trains, and connect it to the tracks. Trains naturally require tracks to run on and building a train infrastructure is a high initial expense but due to their transport capacities, they more than make up for the initial cost over time.

The quote from the dev diary uses the same language as it does for plane travel.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

They do have a list of dev diaries that will be featured in the coming months if anyone is interested.

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/cities-skylines-ii/features

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

I wish they would add in stuff like advisors and city board members. Some sort of political stuff you could ignore if you wanted but could add a little spice to the simulation.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

Gonna like all my Cims Chirps but not fix any of the problems.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

There are a bunch of streams going up. I tuned into Biffa's stream for a bit and its kind of concerning he is running a 4090 @ 1440p with mostly medium settings and isn't able to get a solid 60 FPS.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

is it actually a big step back or are people upset that cities skylines 2 is a game and not a modeling program

is he using DLSS? the files for it are apparently being distributed alongside the game but I don't know if it's actually available/fully implemented. CS2 is pretty much the ideal game for frame generation stuff as well.

He was using TAA not sure if DLSS is available or not. He only briefly looked at the settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

I was curious what ol Will Wright was up to these days and he is apparently making a NFT/Blockchain game. :smith: