Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I haven't played any of the Spiderman games but I guess it might be fun if you could move like that in your own city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
@BiffaPlaysCitiesSkylines just mentioned in his dev diarie review video that he will have real gameplay on Friday. So I guess that's when the embargo is lifted and all the Youtubers will release their own recorded content.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The guy with the Korean name should probably check the embargo times again. It's not 6pm KST :D

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Biffa just uploaded a 45 minute video where he talks about his impression of CS2 so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHlGVR1CsU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Maps are big but only a part is playable.
Hardware requirements are high.
Content creators aren't allowed to talk about the performance.
Cinematic mode looks ten times better then the normal game.
This can only mean one thing.

THE POOP AGENTS ARE BACK!

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
From the official forums:

quote:

A NOTE ON PERFORMANCE AND OUR COMMITMENT TO PLAYERS

On another note, we've noticed the concerns raised about Cities: Skylines II performance, especially after our previous statement with raised minimum and recommended specs. As we've always believed in transparency, we'd like to further shed some light on the current state of the build.

Cities: Skylines II is a next-gen title, and naturally, it demands certain hardware requirements. With that said, while our team has worked tirelessly to deliver the best experience possible, we have not achieved the benchmark we targeted.

In light of this, we still think for the long-term of the project, releasing now is the best way forward. We are proud of the unique gameplay and features in Cities: Skylines II, and we genuinely believe that it offers a great experience that you will enjoy.

We will continually improve the game over the coming months, but we also want to manage expectations on performance for the coming release. Our ambition is for Cities: Skylines II to be enjoyed by as many players as possible, and we're committed to ensuring it reaches its full potential.

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support. We're lucky to have a community as passionate and dedicated as you.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/updates-on-modding-and-performance-for-cities-skylines-ii.1601865/

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
CS2 pre-load is up on Game Pass. Wait, why does it need a preload?

58.2GB...well ok, yeah. You might want to preload that. I guess 40GB of that are textures that are only visible when you use the cinematic camera.

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 19, 2023

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
German tech site Computerbase has a short preview of the test version. They are saying that the game definitely has performance issues but you can do a lot with the graphic settings. Disabling depth of field and a setting called "Volumetric" improves fps by 75%. I feel like there might be an issue in the implementation.

Right now the game only supports AMD FSR1. FSR 2, Nvidia DLSS or Intel XeSS are missing. The game folder does however contain a file called nvngx_dlss.dll, which is used for Nvidia's Super Resolution Sampling.

They have an example of a town with a population of 40000. The AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D was doing a good amount of work but the limiting factor, even in 1080p, was still the RTX 4090.

https://www.computerbase.de/2023-10/cities-skylines-ii-erste-eigene-erfahrungen-mit-der-pc-version/

I really hope Digital Foundry are taking a look at this one.

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 20, 2023

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They don't have elevated rail as you can build standard rail on top of roads. Which also means that the ground stations is all we get, at least for the time being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvu56hElNxw&t=772s

Doesn't really look nice...

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Combat Pretzel posted:

Oh. Skimming over this thread, DLSS was mentioned quite a few times. Thought it did support it already. Because I’d like to play in 4K without halving my frame rate.

The preview version that was send out only supports AMD FSR1. There is however at least one of the files required for DLSS in the game folder. There's just no option to use it. My guess is that it's currently still in development and release day just came to early.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Pre-stream before the official release stream just started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm3I4EzB4S8

The CEO came herself to answer some questions

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
It does unpack the 56,7GB on Game Pass. I just hope nobody installed it on a HDD..

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Disabling "Depth of Field mode" increases my FPS from 40 to 114 in the main menu.

I don't...what?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Here's a picture of The 5000 Page Thread's official mascot, Jeff. This was taken at night, I also had no problem with building, in fact I kind of enjoyed the white tiles on dark ground contrast

sunrise and sunset can get real weird though, i ended up turning off day/night cycle until they tweak overall performance

I also had to turn off day/night cycles as everything was just black at night. No moonlight or whatever the light source in that picture is. It obviously has to do with a graphic setting but who knows which one it is.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Some of the potential bugs I've found after building a city with 100k inhabitants:

- Number of eligible high school students is way too low
- Not even 25% of eligible college and university students actually go there, even if there is enough space available
- It doesn't seem to matter if garbage is collected from zoned buildings, only service buildings show a different color then green in the overview
- Resource badges never produce the amount that is shown when you set the working area, maybe I need several specialized industry buildings on a resource node but there's just no info what a specific building is doing
- The subway upgrade for the passenger train station is broken, no passengers can reach it and no outside traffic is generated when you send a train there
- Commercial businesses in my city complain about no customers while the RCI bar, for commercial, is full
- Train stations don't export to outside connections even though the product is listed for pickup in the line overview
- Fire stations don't always send out vehicles, most of the time a fire truck arrives from the neighboring town when the building's burned down and everybody still inside is dead
- If you zoom in on a train station that has a few 100 passengers waiting the game slows down to a crawl because it renders everyone, even though they are inside the building and you can't see them...
- Tram boarding can take so long that the game thinks it's a traffic jam and despawns the vehicle, and all other Trams waiting behind, the passengers go back to the tram stop and make boarding take even longer

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 26, 2023

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

It must be bugged since my port with two routes that ships regularily stop at is just stockpiling goods and the ships don't take anything. That's too stupid to be on purpose.

If you check your port in the line view, you can see the amount of goods that should be picked up by the ship and exported. Same thing is happening for cargo train stations and possibly planes as well. External cities do definitely generate demand, so maybe the game checks how much a vehicle should export and the value comes up as 0 every time.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Trailer for the free Region Pack is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFn1gm4iE1M

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Jackie D posted:

Has anyone noticed any issues with medical care? My city is still small, ~1000, and I'm getting constant messages about poor healthcare. I just have the one clinic at this point and it's plopped nearly in the middle of the city so, uh, not sure what else there is to do at this stage of the game

I managed to get rid of that message, at least for a time, when I build a hospital. Which you obviously can't do at this point because that thing is 750k/month. I guess hospitals provide a specific service that clinics don't and the cims start calling for it way before you can afford it.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

chadbear posted:

irl there are even gas stations with residential above, although they are getting scarce. Here is one from Vienna.

Something like this could never happen in Germany, with it's strict rules and...

...gently caress that, of course it can, that one is in my hometown. The thing in the middle is a gas station.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The 1.0.11f1 hotfix from last week has arrived on Game Pass.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

When you plop down a bus stop do all the happy little faces which pop up represent the distance people will walk to it?

We don't know. It should be the radius that gives houses and the cims inside a bonus to the "public transportation" value. You would think that it's also the same as the distance they want to walk but nobody knows, yet.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
So, the patch size is on the bigger site...

At least on Game Pass it seems to be the whole game, again.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I’m getting no noticeable performance improvements post patch and the elementary school is still enormous lol.

I just looked at a tram station that had 229 people waiting and even fully zoomed in, I stay at the 40fps I have everywhere else. Before it would go down to single digits, so the teeth are really gone...

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Ah well, see you in half a year...

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They need to pull a No Mans Sky, shut up and get to work. Come back when you have something to show that the players are waiting for. It's not like players will abandon CS and move on to another city-building franchise, because there's none. The biggest competition they have is their own game. The moment the game is at least on par with CS1 quality wise people will come back.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
My cargo train terminal is actually exporting goods so the patch seemed to have fixed something there. Now why is my budget still completely broken?

Electronics and Beverages export for exactly 128,849,018 each. Seems a bit excessive.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
City Planner Plays is also reconsidering the amount of CSII videos he puts out. He also explains why the game is basically unplayable without the land value fix mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIdH28QExQc

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Paradox might even understand how important modding support is, but they also fixed exports in three different patches before they started working. There's a chance that CO aren't really up to the task right now and that's why everything takes so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
City Planner Plays has a video showcasing the mod manager and the patch in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSWVBDEcVZ4

Edit: The Beach Properties DLC looks bad...

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 24, 2024