Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Well, looks like my city has a new traffic problem to contend with.

When that boat down there wants to get to that harbor up there, there's apparently only one way for it to go.

Right through the residential and industrial area.

Then it pulls a nasty 90° drift to get into position and moves sideways into the harbor.

Then it crashes through a bridge for good measure. Marvelous.

Now I just have to figure out why half of my industrial area just died off for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Still not sure how I feel about essentially running a communist's worst nightmare - a city that is making great strides in completely wiping out the proletariat simply through education. No workers of the world to unite here, they're all busy getting smart. I planned an industrial park to the west there, but it completely failed due to a massive lack of uneducated workers - the 10% that were left were all working in low-level commerce. Even setting taxes to 1% didn't help. So it all got dezoned and replaced with offices, since there is no short supply of educated workers.

There's some massive traffic jams going on in the city center (well, what will become the city center once I fill out the western part of this area) and the highway entrance to the east, but I'm just going to ignore that and hope it'll just go away. That's how politicians solve problems, right?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Shab posted:

So can I just bulldoze all my light industrial and rezone as offices, or is there actually a need for some light industrial at all times?

You can - at least I did. I dezoned all my industrial, replaced it with offices, got up to take a poo poo, came back and my city had grown in the meantime. No problems at all.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

So either CO or Paradox, whoever pulled the trigger, was in a great hurry to get the worst reviewed DLC on Steam out of the public eye. They killed it off in such a rush that now the poor sods that actually bought the DLC (versus just getting it from the Ultimate Edition) have it completely removed from their game and any saves that used those assets now show blank grey boxes.

In response, CO updated the FAQ regarding this situation:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/faq-the-way-forward.1663862/ posted:

Why am I unable to access assets from Beach Properties at the moment?
We intended for players to have access to the Beach Properties assets until we could incorporate them into the Base Game with the upcoming patch. Unfortunately, due to variations in the packages purchased, some entitlements are currently inactive and causing an issue where the player cannot access the assets. We are looking for a temporary fix for this, but the issue may continue until the patch is released. Said patch is in the works, and will soon move to testing and then certification. We aim to deliver this update to you within 2-3 weeks, earlier if possible.

So if things go bad (and why wouldn't they, everything else has) your save games are only going to be messed up for a couple weeks. I honestly hadn't even considered this as a possible way to screw up a refund.