Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

I’m looking forward to commuter airports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Men want one thing and it’s an U-Bahn going directly through the second floor

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

What are the chances of CS2 getting DLSS/FSR? I wouldn’t mind some decreased fidelity for less GPU load.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

turn off the TV posted:

not going to be purchasing CS2 until CO brings back the garbage bandaid implementation of the park/industry/campus zone mechanic and the useless fishing boats

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

irl there are even gas stations with residential above, although they are getting scarce. Here is one from Vienna.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

MikeC posted:

Despite all this, I still have a strange compulsive urge to play. I hope they keep at it.

Great effort post. I share your sentiment too.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Nord-Dakota is famous for its chicken veins.

[video type=""]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZxAYMh5vwk[/video]

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

piratepilates posted:

My homerish take is that CO started as a tiny indie company (like 3 people) making small scoped games in Cities In Motion 1 and 2, caught on to a huge success with Cities: Skylines, still as a small company, and rode that wave on to many DLC and big plans for Cities: Skylines 2.

For C:S2 they set the scope much larger, expanded to be a much larger team, and chose new Unity frameworks that they thought would be helpful (https://blog.paavo.me/cities-skylines-2-performance/#summary-and-conclusions), but ended up not being ready for production when they were coming up to their original target date.

They got too successful, ran head first in to greatly expanding their company, didn't refine or evolve their processes, ran in to development delays with covid and Unity stuff, and were forced to release this game underbaked. Growing pains in a growing company that has to capitalize on a big success.

My other hot take, as I've said before, is that they were always kinda mediocre as a games development studio. Cities: Skylines 2 kinda sucks as a game, and they've never really had to think outside the box and refine their games, they've been making them in the same vein since Cities In Motion 1. The gameplay of C:S1 is shallow, and they never really evolved it from the base game -- aside from the Industries DLC which did actually add a cool industries loop, but the lead designer for that also seems to have left the company before C:S2, so who knows if there's any smoke there.

:emptyquote:

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

DLSS but no FSR ):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

https://x.com/ColossalOrder/status/1783474533921427481

FSR2 maybe coming in the future.