Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
Is there really no way to "peel off" a 2-lane avenue into two separate 1 way roads without an intersection? Or even just merge a one way into just one lane of the 2-way without a stupid intersection? It's nice that the game lets you make overpasses but only being able to merge back with an intersection defeats the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
What does commercial "want"? Like residential likes low noise, good land value, services etc. Industry likes for its freight and workers to be able to get to it. Offices presumably want worker access and land value. So what of retail shopping? Do they care about "walk-by" customers or do people go out of their way to go shopping anyway? Does it at all help if it's along their commute route even if they are on the bus or driving?

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah that's about the only thing seriously missing from the roads for me. The solution? HORRIBLE ROUNDABOUTS EVERYWHERE.

It's clogging up! Maybe there's too many entrances?

Urrrrtghh

That sucks. Is this modable, has someone fixed it? Most road mods I see so far are cosmetic.

Noyemi K posted:

Due to complaints about parks required to upgrade/appease industry, I've made some suitable parks for industrial locales, as you can see here and here.

Oh boy oh boy! Who doesn't love playing in the barbed wire!

Do you need land value for fancy-pants industry? Is that what? Do people ever "go for lunch" actually? Is it worth zoning a touch of commercial around industrial-town?

Also - am disappoint (though not terribly surprised I guess) there isn't mixed zoning :(. It probably wont' be easy to mod that poo poo since that's a pretty big underlying assumption.