Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So I haven't been able to google and answer for this:

Does specialized Industry decrease my industry desire? I've got a big rear end rock quarry with like 100 open jobs in level 3 town, but my industry bar is 1/3 full

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's not education, the only open positions are for uneducated and educated, but I hadn't even considered that, so thanks for making me check. It's just population keeping those from being filled. Plus I added a few farms now and I'm still showing industrial want. I know I need industrial to actually make use of the resources from these special districts, I'm just surprised that the want keeps climbing while I have openings at these specialized jobs.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

The hard way?

I know I did

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any good youtubes for creating interchanges? I looked at the ones unlocked in the roads skill tree but they all seem so huge.

I was poo poo at managing traffic in cs1, and it seems I'm poo poo in cs2

\/\/\/Thanks for that. Crazy how differnt his builds are from CityPlannerPlays. Very vibes based, which is more my speed.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 24, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ms Adequate posted:

I was expecting much of the CS1 content to be absent, and I'm actually pleased by how much is included even if in less developed form than the original has by this point, but I do think the lack of detailing options is one that really sucks rear end and it's lovely there aren't a couple more tools and options for it. Hell, just being able to have parks (the buildings) consider paths as their needed connection, rather than just roads, would make it possible to make much much more diverse and interesting parks (the concept).

this is my biggest want. I do like the area tool for placing trees and bushes, I wish they had included a line tool, though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Really? I've felt that it was pretty great incorporating bunch of huge QOL upgrades. My biggest thing is the lack of individual park items, like being able to plop down a slide and some swings and benches in an open space away from a road.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Am I doing something wrong or is it way too difficult to make bridges now? I pull a street across some water and, even with the same land height on either side, I get "in water". Like no poo poo, it's supposed to be in water. I get the same thing using the actual bridges.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Okay so the pilings don't automatically hit the bottom of the water. Thanks!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Something in my budget just flipped because I just went from like a 100K month in income to 20 million. I have 200 million banked.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Martian posted:

Yeah, the separation of placing bus stops and placing lines into two actions to give you more freedom or whatever is one of the stupidest decisions they made. Also very much agree on the park thing, not being able to zone them and -worse imo- being unable to connect them to walking paths (which was in loving vanilla CS1) was the thing that made me stop playing.

It's not perfect, and i would rather connect them to paths, but the pedestrian street can be connected to them.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Shiloh posted:

I'm back on Dwarf Fortress and Banished.

I always gently caress up banished by building a dock for merchants and getting flooded with refugees leading to a famine despite my giant stockpiles of food

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UNQtfbTrwg

I saw this on cityplannerplays and tossed it on my wishlist. Looks like a fun survival city builder. Also uninstalled CS2. Once the initial rush of how pretty it was wore off, I just kept seeing how much is missing, not just when comparing to all the DLC of CS1, but just like... why can't I make my own parks?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

It's kind of interesting to read between the lines with the big CS youtubers and see them getting frustrated with CS2 and want to do other stuff without coming out and saying the game sucks. Two Dollars Twenty just had a video where he gave up on his CS2 city and is starting a new one but you can tell he kind of ran into some fundamental problems with the game and had to start over to come at building a city in a way that actually works in the current game.

Yeah there have been a bunch of times in CPP's magnolia county series where he's like, "This is really frustrating." Or mentioning that he can use a mod to do a certain thing, but wants to keep this map as close to vanilla as possible.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Jesus I didn't realize that getting the game to accept mods was going to be such a pain in the rear end. I needed to get a unity license and then I'm half way into installing visual basic or some poo poo because I have a notification that the modchain is broken and none of the mods I added were showing up before I found a post saying to ignore all that unless you're creating mods and to activate the playset, which I thought I had already done.

At least the act of actually adding and activating the mods is really smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, basically just remember to activate your Playset and not just add mods to it and you'll be fine