Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Baronjutter posted:

All that said, has anyone dug into how easy it would be to mod transit vehicle capacities? They seem a touch low, both from a gameplay perspective and a "realism" perspective. A city of 60k shouldn't need 6 metro lines running bumper to bumper trains to move people around, nor should a quiet suburban area need a parade of huge tour buses.

I guess you could just overwrite them since they're public?

quote:

public class BusAI : CarAI
{
public int m_passengerCapacity = 30;

public class PassengerTrainAI : TrainAI
{
public int m_passengerCapacity = 30;

Weirdly enough, they both have the same capacity?? And MetroTrain inherits from PassengerTrain, so that has the same as well.

My c# knowledge is limited though, maybe I'm reading this wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
There's an interview on RPS that goes into their plans for the game a bit. They expected to sell 300.000 copies... lifetime, then sold as much in the first day. That has to be a party right there.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 4, 2015

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

piratepilates posted:

Seriously look at how rad this is:

ToastyPotato posted:

That is loving terrifying. I mean it looks cool, but it is terrifying.

piratepilates posted:

It's in Germany though so it's probably perfect.