Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I hope they put arcologies in the game. Except instead of making them a utopian endgame trigger like old times, they can be a dystopian Musk/Thiel disaster where half your population moves into an un-taxable offshore habitat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Has there been any mention of whether it will be available on GeForce Go? Might be a fine way to play it for a year or two in the interim.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Awesome, thanks! Solves my problem of having a 1070ti

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I don’t know one single thing about game development- how is it that the game had a seemingly unknown performance issue (unknown to the devs that is) this close to the release, and further, how is it possible that the solution was just to flip a few switches?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I was being a bit reductive, but I just meant that if there’s some toggles already built into the options that seem to ameliorate things quite a bit, it just seems slightly weird to me. Like I said, game development may as well be rocket science to me.

Ah, interesting, thanks!

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Zoeb posted:

I am sad because I have a bunch of studying to do for grad school and can't play it until Thursday.

I'm studying for the LSAT and if this game were playable on my old-ish computer then I would definitely not be getting into law school. So I'd like to thank the devs for personally making the game kinda janky for my benefit, personally.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
This joke is apparently going way over my head

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I just tried Victoria 3 for the first time this month and got very intimidated and quit based on how in depth the simulation is, but now I'm wishing that the Cities simulation could be denser than it is. Which is dumb because I clearly can't deal with the complexity of Victoria 3 but it's fun to look at and think about. I just love how granular the various constituencies are in Victoria 3, and I wish Cities had a sort of breathing community like that, not just abstract notions of demand. Like, an activist group that is pushing for more affordable housing, and a group of organized NIMBYs who have way more leverage and make your life hell if you don't capitulate to them. That sorta thing. Make it so complicated that it's no longer fun for me to play- that's my humble request.

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 27, 2023

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Concurred posted:

Had a hearse go to a building to pick someone up and ended up planted vertically in the road, causing a huge traffic "incident" that cars couldn't figure out how to go around. Only solve it by demolishing the building with the dead person inside

I assume CS2 doesn't have the same problem that CS1 had with The Great Die-Off? Was so weird watching giant armies of hearses drive around the city like smallpox had just plowed through the place.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

At some point a bigger home is just more empty space you have to clean. Don't need it.

Wish you had told me that before I bought a house irl :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It actually started as an AI game, then became a blockchain game, and now is probably going to try to revert back to AI. Perfect libertarian utopia for him to play in.