Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
Going to claim "Hallelujah" by whoever sang it first, it's been covered a million times already. "I heard there was a secret chord" etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
I did the piano and vocs for the two first verses. Piano sounds like poo poo, when I record, it sounds spot on, but when I play back it is off tempo. I got frustrated and haven't worked on it in like a week.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour

Radiapathy posted:

If it's consistently off tempo (like always behind the exact same amount), that could just be a latency issue and you can fix it post-recording by just shifting the audio clips on your timeline. (Or you could possibly be recording with record quantize enabled, which can mess up your timing on playback if you weren't trying to follow the metronome/grid exactly when you played).

What program are you using to record (Ableton Live, Audacity, etc)?

I will look into that, thanks for the tip. I use Avid Vocal Studio which isn't the best program for fine-tuning. I play with the metronome, and the program is rather strict on how far it allows you to shift audio clips before auto-pasting it to the next bar. I'm sure there's a technical term to describe it but I don't know what it is.

Edit: Didn't see anything goofy, maybe it's just a combo of my computer being kind of old and only paying $80 for the software and mic. My piano sometimes cuts out as if I'm not pushing the pedal down too. I fixed the problem by just re-recording the entire piano track in one take. Also started working more on the vocals, and realized my best take has my cat meowing twice in the background. Do I take it out or leave it... Hmm.

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 7, 2015

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
The submissions so far have been awesome. Really nice work.

Here's my entry, Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. This is technically my first draft but I found out yesterday that I'm going out of town for a while for work, so it's going to have to be my final version. Would have liked to fix some/a lot of stuff but OH WELL. See if you can hear the cat (he sounds like a duck).

https://soundcloud.com/koivunen/hallelujah-leonard-cohen-cover

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 11, 2015

• Locked thread