Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
Might do "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due" but seems sort of ambitious at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
Haven't started. You guys are nuts.

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
I just started tonight and its already a shitshow. A little extension would be nice!

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
Here's my entry.

Bluegrass cover of NIN's 'Heresy'

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice

Alternative pants posted:

Hawklad it's up to you now.

I was intrigued by the "everyone cover the same song" idea floated before the last round but worried that if it's not the right song it might limit participation. So maybe expand it to a single album or single artist/band? We did an Abba/Tool/Radiohead round a couple of years back, and a Bowie round that were both well-received. Something like that might draw some more attention in NMD.

So which band/album are the kids listening to these days?

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice

Alternative pants posted:

I would say just pick an album off the top 40 and we recreate it.

If we go the album route I'm thinking more iconic/classic/Influential. Thriller? Pet Sounds? Sgt. Peppers?

What sounds good/do-able?

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
Okay sorry for the delay, I'm leaning towards Dark Side of the Moon, it's got a little something for everyone. Electronic, pop, prog, rock, psychadelic, etc. Unless I hear a better suggestion I'll put up a thread when I get a chance. Since there's only eight tracks we can't really call them exclusively but it would be good to get every track represented somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
Sorry guys I've been a total slacker picking a new theme. Next round starts tomorrow!

• Locked thread