Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Just claiming "Prayer" by Disturbed in the new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I'm still working. Got the arrangement together, and tomorrow I'm gonna sit down and record it all. Probably mix it the next day, too.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Finished recording last night, pretty happy with the way it's turning out. Now I just gotta totally blow it with the mix. :v:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Alternative pants posted:

In all honesty, this is one of the reasons I love doing this. I'm still far from brilliant at recording and mixing, but the feedback I've gotten has produced a definite improvement from when I was sitting in a dorm room running my guitar into a cheap pedal board directly into my mixer. Speaking of, that could be something fun: Take an older entry, redo it and make an album out of that.

That's definitely my favorite part of the whole process, just beating out learning how to pick apart and rearrange songs by other people. It's one thing to read about and study all this stuff for recording and mixing, but Rockstar lets me try things out and get feedback.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Here's my cover of Prayer by Disturbed! Now I can catch up on listening to the other entries.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm sick of my song and I'm burning out on it :(

Noooooo! Don't give up, you still have a whole week left (plus the obligatory Rockstar Deadline Extension).

Alternative pants posted:

Disturbed ukulele. Wow.

:getin:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Yeah, for me it's not so much doing it in one session as much as just not starting anything else. It usually takes me two or three days to record and mix everything once I start, but if I rehearse band stuff in the middle or spend too much time at the office, I stall out.

I'd be cool with that song for mag7's entry, if that counts for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Holy poo poo, I love this so much

• Locked thread