Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
One of my friends (who I haven't seen in a few years) was a JW. But this is going way, way back, and my memory is kind of hazy with some stuff.

Stevie was about 19 or 20 years old at the time and worked in the greengrocer downstairs, which was a place that we knew as being owned and operated by 'some religious weird scary cult'. He started hanging out with us. Someone invited him to a birthday party, but he didn't turn up. Later he told us it was because of him being a JW.

I noticed a blonde chick who would sometimes work in the greengrocer. She was as hot as hell. But the guy who owned the business (her uncle?) used to keep her away from me. Anyway, apparently she was a JW too and so one of their other employees promised me a date with her if I'd come to a meeting at their kingdom hall. So I went there (wearing a suit) but every time I tried to talk to her some jealous creep would step in and it was all a very polite and dignified atmosphere so you couldn't threaten anyone.

The highlight of the meeting for me was some middle aged dude giving a talk about how the life and the times were terrible...and then doing the worst James Brown impression of "...sorry, I can't go on, it's too terrible" - and being helped off the stage, only to return minutes later and continue, but then again "...its just that, that...I'm sorry, I'm overwhelmed..." and head in hands being helped off stage again. Also, Stevie pointed out some guy in his early 20s who was being all passive aggressive throughout and told me it was because 'he was promised he could set up the mics and operate the PA system, but someone else was chosen to do it instead' - apparently such duties were a big deal. Afterwards outside the hall blondie was hustled into her parents car and away from me like a president surrounded by government agents. Never got my hands on her, ever.

Anyway, Stevie kept hanging with us. He didn't get disfellowshipped right away but they kept bringing him in for some sort of disciplinary meeting or something. He'd tell them what they wanted to hear and then meet us in the pub later. In the space of about 18 months he went from being this clean cut little guy to someone who would gently caress everything in sight.
Also, to this day I believe what he told me when we were at the cinema and the J Arthur Rank logo appeared. He whispered "See Gongman there? He's a JW".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread