Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Is there a thing with aspirant elders getting new names or something?

A few year back I was woken up by a knock at the door, it was a pair of JWs and for whatever hungover reason I invited them in for a cup of tea. They both had name badges, one said Elder James or whatever and the other said Elder ______. I told them my name and asked the name of the dude without a badge, and he just ignored me. Elder James was clearly in charge, the nameless guy did all the talking and when he ran out of steam he'd look at James for help and he'd jump in with a few prompts so that the one without a name could keep going. They were nice enough, if a bit insistent that I come along to their next service, but that lack of a name thing was pretty weird. This was in the UK but they both had American accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Jack Gladney posted:

Also, Mormon "elders" tend to be really young, like in their early 20s.

Ah right maybe they were that then, sorry. They were both quite young.

• Locked thread