Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Bobby nominated Kevin and Brittnee. Kevin then won veto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Teek posted:

Bobby nominated Kevin and Brittnee. Kevin then won veto.

Cindy with an S is the replacement I believe

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Got up this morning to check the live feeds and...they're all asleep! How dare they! The houseguests need to be given a whole lotta beer and vodka to get some interesting shenanigans happening.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Got up this morning to check the live feeds and...they're all asleep! How dare they! The houseguests need to be given a whole lotta beer and vodka to get some interesting shenanigans happening.

Apparently they played spin the bottle last night and Kevin and Pilar made out after. If you watch feed 2 just after 12:02 there's like 15 minutes of Willow being incredibly creepy and bitter towards Zach over him kissing other girls during the game.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The gay guy is super creepy, but then again a lot of them are pretty creepy sexually.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
It's 6:00 am, you people need to wake up and amuse me!

sbaldrick posted:

The gay guy is super creepy...

Thank you for posting this! Glad (GLAAD?) I'm not the only one to notice. The obvious comparison might be to "Zankie" but to me he seems more like Caleb obsessing on Amber.

So, one of the twistos is that 1 of the first 5 people evicted will have a chance to re-enter the house. But is that going to help? The logical and obvious play is to immediately evict that person again.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 30, 2015

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Binary Logic posted:

It's 6:00 am, you people need to wake up and amuse me!

Thank you for posting this! Glad (GLAAD?) I'm not the only one to notice. The obvious comparison might be to "Zankie" but to me he seems more like Caleb obsessing on Amber.

So, one of the twistos is that 1 of the first 5 people evicted will have a chance to re-enter the house. But is that going to help? The logical and obvious play is to immediately evict that person again.

Zankie was creepy too but it's really more Caleb and Amber. He honestly seems like he can "turn" him as it where the way he talks about Kevin questing things, which we never got with Zack.

I also have a weird feeling on why the dirty hippy was cast.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Sooo, Cindy with a "gently caress you I'll spell it with a C" and Jordan appear to be an item or a showmance; Macking out before bedtime. Prolly too little too late since it appears she'll be the replacement nom when Kevin takes himself down. I think Jordan is playing along to get his rocks off before she bounces.

In other avenues, Pothead Sarah and Bobby seem to be having more HOH pillow talk. She's still feeling Bobby out likely and it would appear Bobby is getting comfortable talking to her and telling her Cindy is going to hit The Bricks.

On other streets, Pilar and Kevin are having a bedtime cozy-up mack sesh together as Johnny (heh) and Ashleigh gaze on from beds on either side of the cuddly couple.

These two (Pilar & Kevin) are getting really close to a full on mount saddle up and ride. They'll do the deed before next eviction me thinks.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 31, 2015

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Robnoxious posted:

Sooo, Cindy with a "gently caress you I'll spell it with a C" and Jordan appear to be an item or a showmance; Macking out before bedtime. Prolly too little too late since it appears she'll be the replacement nom when Kevin takes himself down. I think Jordan is playing along to get his rocks off before she bounces.

In other avenues, Pothead Sarah and Bobby seem to be having more HOH pillow talk. She's still feeling Bobby out likely and it would appear Bobby is getting comfortable talking to her and telling her Cindy is going to hit The Bricks.

On other streets, Pilar and Kevin are having a bedtime cozy-up mack sesh together as Johnny (heh) and Ashleigh gaze on from beds on either side of the cuddly couple.

These two (Pilar & Kevin) are getting really close to a full on mount saddle up and ride. They'll do the deed before next eviction me thinks.

Good for Jordan, you go man.

I hope that Johnny cried about Kevin and Pilar because gently caress him.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I hate to double post but they are also being punished for "breaking" a camera in an effort to gently caress with them. The best part of this season is the random torture of the houseguests so far.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I forgot this was on, who got the boot and who won the last HOH?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

I hate to double post but they are also being punished for "breaking" a camera in an effort to gently caress with them. The best part of this season is the random torture of the houseguests so far.
BBUS really needs to nut up and finally do poo poo like this instead of coddling the houseguests.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

mallratcal posted:

I forgot this was on, who got the boot and who won the last HOH?

Sindy with an S was the last one I saw get evicted.
And my question: they were being punished until someone confesses to breaking the camera, has that been resolved?

Friday morning live feeds and all that's shown is this message: "An instant eviction is about to shake up Big Brother Canada and we're keeping it a secret until Sunday night's episode". I woke up at 5:30 am for this?! :)

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 3, 2015

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The camera thing was BB screwing with the houseguests for a day because they have already broken a bunch of other poo poo and are slobs.

Kevin won the instant eviction HOH.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I couldn't imagine spending three months in the house with Sarah.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Or half these people...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
So to catch everyone up, Kevin was last HOH and nominated Naeha and Brittnee for instant eviction and Naeha went home. As is par the course with BB, Brittnee then won HOH and nominated Bobby and Kevin. Johnny won veto and took his crush off the block and Graig was put up as replacement. That's where we stand now, Bobby VS Graig.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Teek posted:

So to catch everyone up, Kevin was last HOH and nominated Naeha and Brittnee for instant eviction and Naeha went home. As is par the course with BB, Brittnee then won HOH and nominated Bobby and Kevin. Johnny won veto and took his crush off the block and Graig was put up as replacement. That's where we stand now, Bobby VS Graig.
Yeah, that's pretty much schadenfreude for how those two humps have been acting.
Bruno is gonna get got sooner than later too.

Is Graig the clown that wears the neon colored Bubbles-specs?
He needs to bounce just because of that.

Either one to go is fine by me but if the looming Hamster Resurrection Comp is a physical one they might have better odds over Cougartown and Cindy with a "gently caress you I spelled it with a C".

Kneehigh will go full on Beast Mode regardless.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Wee Bairns posted:

Or half these people...

Sarah is a slob that's only showered twice since they even there and calls her bf her partner.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

sbaldrick posted:

Sarah is a slob that's only showered twice since they even there and calls her bf her partner.

I thought I saw her mention that she identified as queer? Not sure if I saw it on the feeds or an episode...

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Wee Bairns posted:

I thought I saw her mention that she identified as queer? Not sure if I saw it on the feeds or an episode...

She did, but I got the feeling it was one of those hippy things. Sadly I was right and in her cry diary she talked about her partner Scott.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

She did, but I got the feeling it was one of those hippy things. Sadly I was right and in her cry diary she talked about her partner Scott.
I like Sarah but I'm not within a smell shot of her grimey hippie ways and I'm fine with that. I haven't been watching much feeds or at least caught much with her in particular but I imagine most all of her stories involve getting baked and 420 ERRYDAY. Stoner stories are only "interesting" when you are stoned and once you've heard a few you've really heard them all.

I was once a stoner back in my 20's too but even then I knew to hit the showers at least 5 times a week. It's okay to embrace the stoner persona but it's quite another to also be a walking stench of filth. That's just nasty.

That said, I quite enjoyed Britt's Revenge Plan went according to plan. I wouldn't have said Graig is a bully though. He's more of an rear end in a top hat.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Robnoxious posted:

I like Sarah but I'm not within a smell shot of her grimey hippie ways and I'm fine with that. I haven't been watching much feeds or at least caught much with her in particular but I imagine most all of her stories involve getting baked and 420 ERRYDAY. Stoner stories are only "interesting" when you are stoned and once you've heard a few you've really heard them all.
You're complaining about something you haven't heard her say, based on your imagination :confused:
To me she just seems like a very common Toronto young woman who's into partying, going to concerts etc.

What about Johnny - he never ever stops talking, about the most mundane prosaic and boring things with occasional creepy comments thrown in.

I don't find any of the houseguests particularly interesting or entertaining so it's good that Big Brother keeps trolling them and hitting them with unexpected events.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Binary Logic posted:

You're complaining about something you haven't heard her say, based on your imagination :confused:
To me she just seems like a very common Toronto young woman who's into partying, going to concerts etc.

What about Johnny - he never ever stops talking, about the most mundane prosaic and boring things with occasional creepy comments thrown in.

I don't find any of the houseguests particularly interesting or entertaining so it's good that Big Brother keeps trolling them and hitting them with unexpected events.

They haven't seen to have talked a ton about personal poo poo when the feeds have been on, which has honestly been limited. Mostly as it's a house full of people that are either fans, superfans or watched the last few seasons to study up on the show. They talk about it a loving lot. Buy Sarah has talked about smoking pot and Bruno has talked about his kids.

Johnny is super gross and his meltdown about Kevin getting a handy last night is going to be epic.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I know this thread isn't super active but Sarah is the worst

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Correct, sir.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

At least Sarah tries.
Pilar brings absolutely gently caress-all to this contest.
She's like that dumb blonde bimbo Ashley who spent 3 months strung out from muscle relaxers on US BB15.

Why Canada, why couldn't you have kept the cougar stilts with boobs in week 1?

Also according to Dingo from Hamsterwatch, this POV twist may be backpedaling on it's initial intentions when it was revealed for public vote.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Robnoxious posted:

At least Sarah tries.
Pilar brings absolutely gently caress-all to this contest.
She's like that dumb blonde bimbo Ashley who spent 3 months strung out from muscle relaxers on US BB15.

Why Canada, why couldn't you have kept the cougar stilts with boobs in week 1?

Also according to Dingo from Hamsterwatch, this POV twist may be backpedaling on it's initial intentions when it was revealed for public vote.

Pilar is worthless but it's a race between her/Kevin and Zack/Asheliee to who has sex in the house first. Maybe it's just the diary but Sarah is kind of entitled.

The POV twist bombed big time and they honestly should have reworked it for another week when the Veto holder was going to use it, and then tell them afterwards.

They got a ton of booze last night while the feed where off, Godfery threw up everywhere, everyone else is hung (willow may have had sex with someone)

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Well, it could have been worse with Johnny or Ginga Doucha going back in but I'd rather have had Nehah resurrected.
However, Cindy has enough intel to shake poo poo up since everyone in sequester spilled the beans on what they know.

Also, I think the correct key for Cindy's first clue is 1221

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I like that the players are decently strategic (though Jordan volunteering for the block was incredibly dumb and unnecessary; you don't need to backdoor when the opposition has 3 or more, and you definitely don't need to put yourself up to do it to hide an alliance that you admit everyone knows about anyway?), but the editing seriously sucks balls. You can tell the BB Canada editors are inexperienced (it was the same in the previous seasons), because everything feels so disjoint.

Take Survivor. It manages to have two competitions each episode, including an elimination. Yet you get the strategic stuff as well as a feel for who the contestants are as people. But BB Canada is edited so badly; all you get is the strategic stuff and barely any feel for who the contestants are as people and their relationships with one another. They don't even get important strategic stuff! There's all this "oh btw, a week ago I formed this alliance with these people and it's called xyz" with a flashback. 3 episodes a week and they still gently caress it up.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Robnoxious posted:

Well, it could have been worse with Johnny or Ginga Doucha going back in but I'd rather have had Nehah resurrected.
However, Cindy has enough intel to shake poo poo up since everyone in sequester spilled the beans on what they know.

Also, I think the correct key for Cindy's first clue is 1221

Cindy is too much of a loving beast really to stay in the house which is the biggest problem with her coming back.

Also I will keep saying gently caress Sarah.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
haha at the house secret mission where 4 people all got the same mission to try to get into the vault, and bruno got the mission to completely block them all

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

My loving God!
Pilar the Latina dummy made the worst noms and veto picks.
She is so loving stupid and duped.

All she is doing is helping Zach and Ash who have really done gently caress all.
Much like herself.

I get that Cindy with a "C" is a resurrect but FFS woman see the forest from the trees.

If the showmances weren't on full blast alert this week you can bet yer rear end they are from here on out.

At least Cindy and Brit were all about girl power, you blew that trust Pilar you loving dope.

Putting up Bobby was a slam dunk and now Bruno and Bobby are gonna run a beast mode on yer lovey dovey asses.

edit to add: BBCAN really needs to stop with this Minnesota Nice playbook where people throw comps to "appear" weak or let someone else choose their fate. If the demise of Jordan is any indication... that poo poo doesn't work. It's amazing that after 20 season of BBUS that all of Canada has seen the contestants have this strange notion that they can game the system in prim and proper terms. It doesn't work that way jackasses.

Plunge the knife and make it bleed.
That's how BB works, Canada.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 28, 2015

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I found Godfrey's screentime with relation to the KFC challenge somewhat unsettling and cheap.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I'm still getting caught up on the latest episodes, but I have to say I am loving this season so far. It has everything I look for in Big Brother:
1) constantly changing dynamics and power plays
2) people being brought down by their hubris: "I'm definitely the smartest person in the house, even though I made the worst possible move in the game causing my eviction"

Zach just had one of the worst, most destructive, self-inflicted HOHs ever. He used his week in power to consolidate the rest of the house against him and eliminate his closest ally in the game. That has to be some kind of record for inept playing...

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Bucswabe posted:

Zach just had one of the worst, most destructive, self-inflicted HOHs ever. He used his week in power to consolidate the rest of the house against him and eliminate his closest ally in the game. That has to be some kind of record for inept playing...

It's really quite amazing; it's got to be one of the dumbest plays we've ever seen, so it's hilarious that it originated with a "superfan". Completely disregarding Sindy's return, the plan didn't make any sense from the get go. People already knew that Zach and Jordan were a pair. Disregarding that, the plan was to put up Jordan to somehow convince people they weren't together... and then backdoor someone by taking Jordan off??? Thereby confirming, even if everything went perfectly to plan, that Jordan and Zach aren't beefing and likely are allies. Making the whole "reason" for putting up Jordan completely nonsensical.

Zach was incredibly dumb for not taking Jordan off the block, no doubt. But Jordan deserved the elimination for claiming to be a big brother mastermind, and then masterminding a nonsensical plan that put himself in danger and not even trying for the veto.

I agree that competition throwing has gone completely overboard. So many of these challenges are luck; winning them doesn't make anyone think you're a threat. Does anyone think Pilar is a challenge threat after winning HoH? gently caress no. The house divisions are clearly drawn also. Even if not fighting your hardest during physical/serious mental HoHs makes sense in some circumstances, it makes no sense to deliberately throw a luck based HoH at this point. You're not getting blood on your hands; practically everyone knows everyone elses alliances at this point, so it's just nonsensical. Plus there's no way anyone buys these beefy guys throwing physical challenges anyway.

Everyone is trying to emulate Dr Will and Dan Gheesling, not recognising that the former has a unique personality that means the way he plays the game can't easily be duplicated, or that the latter had legitimately secret alliances and wasn't visibly absurdly ripped.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

I found Godfrey's screentime with relation to the KFC challenge somewhat unsettling and cheap.

Why because he eats the bones? Dude loves chicken bones

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Can we create Harry Seldon inspired messages and release them for BBUS when we think they'll be relevant?

Hello Houseguests! By now the floaters and small alliances have realized that the couples are in control of the game and are mobilizing...

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

While I was sort of sad to see Sindy go again (because she's strategic; though tended to come on too strong, with both her strategy and establishing herself as a threat too early), returning house guests are an abomination. I really like the houseguests in this season, but most other aspects of the show are pretty bad, particularly the editing and the focus on WOAH, TWISTOS TWISTs!!!. The public voting out housemates has always and will forever suck, and the same for eliminated players returning, and TRIPLE EVICTION!!! is just as dumb. I get that they want to push these twists as a reason for people to watch the show when pushing it in promos, but there's no doubt that the quality of the show itself suffers as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Agreed, I can't see a reasonable way to pull off a triple eviction without really cheapening the gameplay. Do they just never leave the backyard and go Vote - Hoh Comp - Noms - Veto Comp - Veto - Vote - HoH - Noms - Veto - Vote? Skips vetos? Seems dumb any way they do it.

• Locked thread