Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

JakeP posted:

...It just made it hard to play the game the way it should be playedm which sucks for people who actually were doing well and got screwed by twistos twists.
Twistos aside (and there were too many of them this go around) Bruno said it best when he said he felt "really safe" and complacent and then he got bounced on a twist. You should never feel 100% at ease in Big Brother and always have a parachute to rip at any moment.

That said, there may have been too many twists in BBCAN3. If it was twist free, Zach's Army steamroll through the house. If the twists fell in the hands of Zach and his crew they would have steamrolled though the house. Had Bruno nutted up and used his twist the game could have shaken out differently. What if Naehah returned rather than Cindy? A whole bunch of variables were at work here and it's impossible to speculate how the end game would look if the pieces moved around differently than how they were.

Still not a bad season overall. BB Canada is learning from their mistakes and attempts to evolve the game for better or for worse. Now, we wait and see if Grodner will phone in yet another predictable season for her predetermined darling pets on the US side. My guess is the original hype will play out like a wet fart, per usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

JakeP posted:

I liked Godfrey, but he definitely didn't feel like winner material. At the same time neither did Sarah. I guess all the twists kind of made it hard to appreciate a lot of game because I feel like neither of them would have been in the finals if it wasn't for the revive + coup. If Sindy doesn't come back, Godfrey is gone that week, and if Brittany doesn't get the mega veto, she sould have been gone, and Sarah probably right behind her. Also Triple eviction really flipped the house. At least it was never super predictable I guess? It just made it hard to play the game the way it should be playedm which sucks for people who actually were doing well and got screwed by twistos twists.
Not to mention that Sindy was sent back in with marching orders to only trust Sarah, to tell Sarah everything, and so on. But I think sending back in an evicted player when there's still like 10 players in the game isn't too big a twist. The coup and triple eviction were too big.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

There were a lot of twists this season but they weren't too outrageous compared to what's been done in the past. If you're gonna be on BBCan, you should expect to play the BBUS game but be likable and/or stay on the underdog side so that Canada roots for you.

I thought Sarah played the game the best this season. Who else came close? Bruno hosed himself over. I know he was taken out by a twist, but Zach was supposed to go until Bruno unnecessarily pissed Sarah off. Godfrey for sure played a respectable floater game. Zach was the face of many alliances but good god he deserves to be in the Hall of Shame for getting his best friend out. Ashleigh and Pilar were part of the dominating alliance but they had no game. Kevin seemed good but he made himself a target for quite a while at the beginning.

Tonight's BBUK is what's gonna show a ridiculous twist. The housemates that had the most nominations were told that they were up for the public vote as usual, but in reality the public has been voting to evict from the pool of six housemates who were told they were safe, i.e. had one or no nominations. On top of that, it will be a "historic" QUADRUPLE eviction, which is funny given how we had our historic TRIPLE eviction last month. This whole thing flips the premise of BBUK, i.e. try not to get nominated by the people living with you and try to be likable to the public, on its head. Anyway, after that, they're putting four new housemates in tonight.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Yer Burnt posted:

I thought Sarah played the game the best this season. Who else came close? Bruno hosed himself over. I know he was taken out by a twist, but Zach was supposed to go until Bruno unnecessarily pissed Sarah off. Godfrey for sure played a respectable floater game. Zach was the face of many alliances but good god he deserves to be in the Hall of Shame for getting his best friend out. Ashleigh and Pilar were part of the dominating alliance but they had no game. Kevin seemed good but he made himself a target for quite a while at the beginning.

For me, what factors most into consideration of what makes a good player is not the outcome so much as the intentional strategy. Sarah may have been a good schemer, and she ultimately won, but I can't respect her simply for the fact that she was constantly crying about not winning challenges and needing to prove to people that she is "here to play the game!" For this reason, I put Godfrey above her because he had a strategy, stuck with it, and it nearly won him the game.

I'll even give more credit to some of the clearly bad players. Sindy played way too hard and destroyed any trust she had with people. But I at least respect that she knew how she wanted to play, and owned her strategy right to the end.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Bucswabe posted:

For me, what factors most into consideration of what makes a good player is not the outcome so much as the intentional strategy. Sarah may have been a good schemer, and she ultimately won, but I can't respect her simply for the fact that she was constantly crying about not winning challenges and needing to prove to people that she is "here to play the game!" For this reason, I put Godfrey above her because he had a strategy, stuck with it, and it nearly won him the game.

I'll even give more credit to some of the clearly bad players. Sindy played way too hard and destroyed any trust she had with people. But I at least respect that she knew how she wanted to play, and owned her strategy right to the end.

I can't respect Sarah for winning because she never showered (as far as anyone can tell) and she is going to waste all the money on drugs, plus the whole destroying Willow's mind thing.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yer Burnt posted:

There were a lot of twists this season but they weren't too outrageous compared to what's been done in the past. If you're gonna be on BBCan, you should expect to play the BBUS game but be likable and/or stay on the underdog side so that Canada roots for you.

Tonight's BBUK is what's gonna show a ridiculous twist. The housemates that had the most nominations were told that they were up for the public vote as usual, but in reality the public has been voting to evict from the pool of six housemates who were told they were safe, i.e. had one or no nominations. On top of that, it will be a "historic" QUADRUPLE eviction, which is funny given how we had our historic TRIPLE eviction last month. This whole thing flips the premise of BBUK, i.e. try not to get nominated by the people living with you and try to be likable to the public, on its head. Anyway, after that, they're putting four new housemates in tonight.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to watch BB anymore. We'll see how this summers BBUS is, since my girlfriend likes it, but Survivor this year was amazing and it made BBCan look like the poo poo it was.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

sbaldrick posted:

I can't respect Sarah for winning because she never showered (as far as anyone can tell) and she is going to waste all the money on drugs, plus the whole destroying Willow's mind thing.

But Dan Gheesling is celebrated as one of the best players for his ability to destroy Danielle's mind and much of the rest of the cast with his "misting".

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

He may have lost regardless but he had a better shot against Ashleigh, I think.

No way. Ashley strolls into the finale with immediate votes from Zach, Pilar, and against Godfrey probably also Kevin and Jordan. Godfrey was absolutely correct in taking Sarah, but snoozing his way through the first half of the game was a risky strategy at best.

Sarah was in constant danger and while the TWISTOS kind of saved her, she was playing balls-to-the-wall HARD the entire time. The cheap bullshit twists are unfortunate, because I loved this cast, and I loved the final two, even if Kevin and Bruno got completely and utterly screwed and deserved to make it further.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Binary Logic posted:

But Dan Gheesling is celebrated as one of the best players for his ability to destroy Danielle's mind and much of the rest of the cast with his "misting".

Danielle was honestly pretty bad, but not as bad as making someone fall in love with you and come out.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

sbaldrick posted:

Danielle was honestly pretty bad, but not as bad as making someone fall in love with you and come out.
Do people really fall in love on BB? I thought they were both playing each other.
Did Zach and Ashley also fall in love? Kevin and Pilar?

Will have to go back and watch Willow and Sarah kissing again...for informational purpose only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VqecUK1nWo

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 31, 2015

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Binary Logic posted:

Do people really fall in love on BB? I thought they were both playing each other.

Will have to go back and watch Willow and Sarah kissing again...for informational purpose only.

Willow openly said more then once that she and Sarah where going to be together after the show. Zach and Kevin just wanted meat shields

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

I think Ash will want nothing to do with Zach when she sees his edit and how more often than not he admitted to using her as a merely a vote. She might have been a little smitten by Zach but I don't think it was reciprocated the same way. Zach prolly has girls swinging on his jock all of the time and Ash was really no different.

Kevin and Pilar will probably fool around for a spell but I cannot see anyone sticking around long term with that ding-a-ling.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

A really strong cast this season, but I walked away because of all the twists randomly eliminating interesting players by pure chance. So dumb.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
FYI the BB US cast list should come out next Monday. I'll get the threads up this weekend for it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Teek posted:

FYI the BB US cast list should come out next Monday. I'll get the threads up this weekend for it.

On the RHAP BB Think Tank episode with Spencer and Ian, Spencer mentioned that Eric "America's Player" Stien was going to be off the grid over the Summer as he travels Europe or some poo poo and then Ian drops that he's going to be in Vietnam this Summer and won't be around much either.

Take that info as you will.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Robnoxious posted:

On the RHAP BB Think Tank episode with Spencer and Ian, Spencer mentioned that Eric "America's Player" Stien was going to be off the grid over the Summer as he travels Europe or some poo poo and then Ian drops that he's going to be in Vietnam this Summer and won't be around much either.

Sadly there is no loving way Ian would make it to jury in an all-star season let alone win.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

:holy::supaburn::shepspends::jackbud:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Also this season is running until September 23rd. Which would make it run 97 days like last season. It'll also be on the Wed/Thurs/Sun airing schedule again.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Robnoxious posted:

Rob was joking about starting a rumor that Eric Stein was going away so people would think he was going to be on BB. Pretty sure this was a joke

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo i thought we were talking about prime time alex stein on the grind all the time and got excited

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If I ever see Ian on BB again I will scream.

The editing they have to do with that guy is such that they may as well not bother to bring him in. When he hosted that game last season they literally gave him 3 sentences, and I'm pretty sure those were spliced to poo poo as it was.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Why don't we have a cast or a thread yet? I need my summer heroin BB fix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like outlets will be posting interviews with the cast tomorrow, when Jeff interviews them at 8 AM Pacific.

New US season thread here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726110

Thanks everyone for participating in the BB Canada thread this season.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 15, 2015

• Locked thread