Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Each of these books has had me locked in the kitchen for days on end:

Anything by Ruhlman. Egg and Ratio are masterpieces. loving Egg. I ate dozens of eggs over the course of a few weeks, and every single one was a delight.

Sushi, Taste and Technique by Barber/Takemura. Absolutely everything you ever wanted to know about sushi. History, tools, even diagrams for cutting fish. This book has everything, and it does it in the minimum possible number of pages. It even tells you manners for when you're at a sushi bar or tips for serving at home. Ev-ry-thing.

Asian Dumplings: Mastering Gyoza, Spring Rolls, Samosas, and More by Andrea Nguyen. Like Sushi, but for dumplings. After reading this book, I planned a day in the kitchen and made 150 dumplings.

[And answering the desert island question...]

Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. If I could only save one cookbook for the future to know what American cooking is like, it'd be this one. Yeah, fancy niche cookbooks are nice, but what about when you remember at the last minute you have a family event to go to and you absolutely must make cinnamon rolls, or cherry pie? Conversion charts, a good index, this book has it all. Ratio would do this for you too, but sometimes it's nice when a recipe has been idiot-proofed for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread