Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?
Car

2. How many vehicles do you have?
Two, two driver household

3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?
New for both

4. What brand vehicle do you drive?
2014 Hyundai Veloster, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek

5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?
$23,000 for the Veloster (traded in my maintenance disaster of a Mini for $15k so I only paid ~$8k). Owned for a little over a year. Paid off.
$25,000 for the Subaru. Owned for about 9 months. Paid in cash, no financing.

6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?
We pay around $70/month for insurance for both cars, $1000 a year in gas for the Subaru (short commute) and probably $3000 a year in gas for the Hyundai (long-rear end commute)

7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?
Both are brand new so they only need standard maintenance so it's not too bad. The Subaru came with standard maintenance included for a year so it hasn't cost us anything so far. The Hyundai goes in for standard maintenance more often since I have a really long commute and rack up the miles faster than average. It needs oil changes monthly since I drive 550+ miles a week and it's a turbo that requires oil changes every 3000 miles but I don't mind paying more frequently for maintenance since I'm of the mind that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I've got the awesome Hyundai 10 year/100,000 mile warranty that covers every single mechanical bit of the car (in this case I figured the extended warranty was worth it to expand the coverage to everything and not just the power train) so if something does break it'll be covered.

8. How far is your commute to work?
55 miles for the Hyundai and less than 5 for the Subaru.

9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not
We live in the midwest. They don't do public transport here. Even if we did I'd still drive because I like the freedom of being able to drive somewhere for lunch if I want and it not being a huge deal if I have to stay late at work since I don't have a bus/train to catch. However, if I lived in a more urban setting where parking was an expensive pain in the rear end and there were places to eat and such within walking distance of my office I'd take public transport.

11. What country do you live in?
USA

12. What is your gross annual income?
$130K combined between me and my husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread