Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?
Car

2. How many vehicles do you have?
2 (for 2 people), even though we carpool for 99% of things. The SUV is mostly used when we need to take the dog somewhere, or buy big/heavy/dirty things.

3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?
One was inherited, and the other was purchased new. Both of us had always driven hand-me-downs from family, and decided to splurge on exactly the type of car we wanted instead of relying on convenience and whatever was "good enough". We saved and paid in cash.

4. What brand vehicle do you drive?
2005 Honda CRV
2014 Mazda 3

5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?
Honda: Free, inherited in 2012.
Mazda: ~20k after 3k trade in, I think. Owned for 9 months now.

6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?
Fuel and insurance on Mazda is paid for by our company (which is owned by his mom) because we use it for daily office errands, some deliveries, and some business trips.
Honda is used so infrequently that I don't really keep track of its fuel charges. Maybe a $40 tank every 3 months? It has basic liability insurance which is about $400/yr.
I think registration and inspection is about $90 per car.
So..... $740 annually, not including maintenance?

7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?
Haven't kept track. :( We have not had any huge expenses on either car yet. Mostly just oil changes, wiper blades.

8. How far is your commute to work?
5 miles, which is about 20 minutes with current traffic patterns. (Construction on a parallel major road, bleh)

9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not
I used to when I worked downtown, but there aren't really any bus/train lines in my current area. DFW's DART is focused in Dallas suburbs and whatever Fort Worth has I think is mostly close to downtown. I'm too central and north to benefit from much of it.

11. What country do you live in?
USA

12. What is your gross annual income?
Prefer not to say. Upper middle class-ish?

Damn Bananas fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread