Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Bored at a hotel, might as well:

1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?
Car
2. How many vehicles do you have?
2. I have one, my wife has the other
3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?
Used, of course.
4. What brand vehicle do you drive?
1999 Mazda Miata
5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?
$3,500, I bought last April or May
6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?
Wow, that's a tough question. I think we budget about $300/month for both vehicles fuel/insurance/maintenance. I do my own work and buy common cars so parts are cheaper than something more exotic.
7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?
Probably about $1000 for both vehicles, including repairs and maintenance.
8. How far is your commute to work?
It used to be less than 4 miles, now it's 22.
9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not
My commute to my new job is a lot longer, and would take hours if I tried to do it with public transportation. I also like to mountain bike, so my car is used to transport the bike to the trails. I do ride my second bike to the store and installed a rack and panniers to make it easier to carry stuff. I enjoy walking and biking, so whenever I can I do that instead of using my car.
10. If you use public transportation - explain why you do not use a vehicle
I use the bus sporadically to get to hockey games downtown when my wife worked and would meet me there, and Uber to get home from the airport occasionally.
11. What country do you live in?
USA
12. What is your gross annual income?
$45k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread