Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P.D.B. Fishsticks
Jun 19, 2010

1. What is your primary form of transportation - car, motorcycle, bicycle, train, bus, taxi, Uber, Lyft, walking (or other)?
Car

2. How many vehicles do you have?

3. For current vehicle owners - did you buy new, buy used, or do you lease?
Bought new

4. What brand vehicle do you drive?
2015 Subaru Legacy

5. For owners - what was the purchase price of your vehicle, and how long have you owned it?
The car cost $26,900, and I bought it in October 2014.

6. How much do you spend annually on transportation (cab, bus, train-fare/payments/insurance/fuel)?
  • $6060 per year: car payment ($505/month, 48 month loan on about $23K)
  • $1344 per year: fuel (extrapolated from 5 months of data)
  • $_834 per year: insurance
  • $__38 per year: registration
  • $__50 per year: tolls
  • $__52 per year: parking
  • $___? per year: maintenance (see #7 below)

Total: $8378 per year, excluding maintenance.

7. How much do you spend annually on maintenance for your vehicle?
My car's too new to have any realistic data on this; the only maintenance I've had performed so far is a single oil change. My previous vehicle, once it was out of its warranty period, averaged $1578 per year in maintenance (both routine and repair included). I'll be under warranty for the next few years, so it should only be routine maintenance I'm paying for in the near future.

8. How far is your commute to work?
2.5 miles each way

9. If you do not use public transportation - explain why you do not
I live in a suburb that was seriously considering giving up $10M in federal funding to not have to allow bus stops. There is now a bus stop within a half mile of where I live, but the routing still isn't anywhere close to practical - I'd have to take the bus downtown and transfer to ride right back out to a neighboring suburb. I also end up having to have a reasonable number of last-minute meetings with subcontractors in other buildings in the surrounding area, so I can't rely on an infrequent bus service.

11. What country do you live in?
Ohio, USA

12. What is your gross annual income?
$92,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread