Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Knee horses in the gut all day every day to make them puff out all that stupid wind they do that poo poo with.

There was a mare I rode who was more round than any other horse I have ever seen and it didn't matter how tight you had that saddle. That mare had 0 withers. It was amazing how round she was and you were going to slide around a little no matter what your balance was like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Angrymog posted:

Can you use minis for anything - e.g. driving, or are they just decorative?

You can do driving with most minis if they aren't literally the 20" useless blobs some morons breed. Most things big horses can do, miniatures can do. It's just scaled down for their size. Minis can even be ridden if the rider is lightweight enough, but most kids will quickly outgrow minis. Show people generally loathe you when you state this because they get real weird about their horses. Not that the person posting in here will (I don't think they will), but I'm sure they know exactly the sort of people I'm talking about.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

To be fair anyone who's really into any one particular type of animal is *WEIRD*, some more so than others.

Horse weirdos in particular give the rest of the normal people who like horses a bad name.

Says the person who got married on her horse

(says the person who's shipped great danes all over the world)

E: Yes and no though. There's weird (MY FUR BABY weird) and "I know way too much about this thing but I'm honestly passionate, just earnest" weird. I'm way more accepting of the second type. The weird mini horse people I've known have definitely been the first type. It always breaks my brain when they get all upset that a mini is on pasture. It's... it's a horse. They do that.

• Locked thread