Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
No. No horse people. Down that path lies madness, even we know that.

:iit:

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Angrymog posted:

Today's lesson in horse was that the girth can always be done up one more hole.

I landed right on my tailbone when the saddle slipped. This is the closest I've come to actually hurting myself when falling off a horse. :(

The most valuable lesson I ever learned from horse books. Do up the saddle and girth a pop or two loose high on the shoulders, then the bridle. THEN slide the saddle back, do the girth again. Adjust stirrups, check everything, lead to mounting block. Do girth again. Sit on horse and feel like a loving idiot.

Thank you, pre-teen horse books. You taught me how to muck, groom and tack by association. Pity i'm such poo poo at the riding bit. But that's fine, I never have the opportunity to ride anyway! But I do get to muck and groom nowadays. Yay!

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 3, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

We got shot at by a hunter once because obviously an animal making noise in the woods = deer.

Scroll up this thread and look at my horse. Does it look like a deer?!

Ooh! I know what they were thinking!

"Hey, giant albino deer. Dem slants in chinkatown pay good money for white deer dick an gallblubber or whatever. SHOOTY SHOOTY BANG BOOM YEE HAW"

Not every hunter is as refined or educated as we would wish.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

A friend and his lab partner were out in the woods one time collecting specimens for a lab in college and they got shot by a hunter. Like, actually shot. He lost part of his hand and his lab partner was killed.

Hunter got all of his guns and licenses taken away for life and charged with manslaughter, but it doesn't change the fact he shot someone for making noise in the woods because it might be a deer. I'm all for responsible hunting but some assholes should not be trusted.

Yep. Some are criminally stupid. Or have zero control over their emotions and actions. Yes, hunting can be super boring interspersed with moments of extreme excitement, but you can not let that buck fever take over.

What i'm saying is, let me have all the guns. I will take good care of them.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Take up barrel racing. The pony can be one of the barrels.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Dunno if I should put this here or in Big Dogs ( he's a bit of both), but have a happy video of a happy disabled donkey.

https://youtu.be/JNa-8S6zzSo

Don Quixote loves new shavings!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Enelrahc posted:

That donkey's flexural limb deformity upsets me.

Well, there's good news on that front. Our awesome farrier says the frog may have received enough for him to trim the hoof back enough that Don can have something somewhat flat that's not his god drat ankles to walk on.

Video showing poor Don here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6JNiqd7hwE&feature=youtu.be

We will be consulting with our excellent equine (and small ruminant) vet, Dr. Julia Deitz, beforehand. It's gonna cost, but Don is worth it.

His and Nugget, the mini's official diagnosis seems to be "holy poo poo that's hosed up how are you alive"

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

TheHeadSage posted:

huh, I didn't know that teaching people how to fall correctly was a thing, never had that taught to me. Although an instructor did mention I generally had more memorable falls than most people.

This was literally the first thing taught to me, past "This is your helmet wear it always"

• Locked thread