Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

I use to be an avid hunter/jumper on school horses but quit 15 year ago and never went back due to college/marriage/house/bills. drat, I feel old now. My old barn closed a long time ago but I have a new one in mind. I'm thinking about trying dressage, since groundwork has less chance of being injured compared to flying over jumps. I want to at least take one lesson this year. I'm slightly terrified of doing so though, because every time a patient comes in fresh from the barn I become a sneeze-fest even on my normal allergy meds. I don't exactly want to take Benadryl right before a ride. I mostly want to take this lesson to see if I just can't be around horses anymore or if.. umm.. the horsie people were all wearing heavy perfume that I couldn't smell ... or something. *crosses fingers* I never use to be allergic to horses. :(

So.. I'm at least a horsie person at heart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

Some of the horses at my school were smart. They would seemingly puff themselves up, so that the girth would be loose when they relaxed. We were taught to gear them up, walk them into the arena, then tighten the girth again. If they tried puffing again, we would walk them in a circle, then try again. Seemed to do the trick. Not certain if this is common occurrence or not. The ponies especially were notorious for this.

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

According to my relatives a state over, at least a few times a deer hunting season (usually more), cattle grazing in a pasture will be shot by drunk hunter's driving down the road. Kids are even shot in the fields, so are kept away from them during deer season.
IMO there should be a no-tolerance law regarding alcohol when carrying guns. Alcohol impairs judgement and there will always be the stupid ones that don't have much judgement to start out with.

• Locked thread