Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
My horse threw me into a jump, then stood on my hand to keep me down. My horse was a loving arsehole sometimes. Alas, old age claimed him. Now I'm saving money to buy a Clydesdale because I want something as tall as I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I have a 17hh thoroughbred. He's pretty tall. But also a thoroughbred so spastic with an amazing ability to amass bizarre injuries and medical problems.

Nothing is funnier in this world than watching a 16hh TB trying to hide from a bossy 13hh pony.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Ah foals, 90% leg & 10% awkward, yet 100% adorable.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

huh, I didn't know that teaching people how to fall correctly was a thing, never had that taught to me. Although an instructor did mention I generally had more memorable falls than most people.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I attended my first horse show in about 10 years, when I helped my sister with her Mini's.

This handsome fellow and I won several of our classes by default and managed to snag Reserve Champion in the led exibit. Which has been my best show experience since winning 3rd in the team dressage comp a decade ago.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I helped my mum show her mini's yesterday, and I'm rather pleased that our beloved paddock pet Jewel, crushed her paddock mates in the "Classic Head" class, and won first place. Alas, she didn't win classic trot because she trots like a spaz, but we made the judge laugh at least.

and as a bonus, here's her deciding that the grass under the table is the best grass of all time and won't let the table get in her way:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

teenytinymouse posted:

Congratulations Jewel!!! She is so pretty, I would just pile ribbons on her for general gorgeousness :swoon:

She's the Supreme Champion of our Hearts.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Angrymog posted:

Can you use minis for anything - e.g. driving, or are they just decorative?

Mostly decorative, I believe you can use the larger mini's in carts, but it's rare. You can do performance classes, where you run them over jumps, or just general showing. My mum got Mini's to help with her depression and because her shoulder issues means looking after ponies over 10hh is hard.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Show people generally loathe you when you state this because they get real weird about their horses. Not that the person posting in here will (I don't think they will), but I'm sure they know exactly the sort of people I'm talking about.

Oh god yes are some Mini people loving weird as hell and shouldn't be involved with horses in general. I mean, I'm a weird horse person but they go to new and exciting levels.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

RabbitMage posted:

So majestic.

So adorable.

My little champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

So now to the extreme opposite of what I normally post, down here in Australia we just had the National Heavy Horse festival, which featured this young gentleman, who was happily dozing when I dropped by for a visit:

But he soon woke up and wondered what was going on:

• Locked thread