Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i would kill a burglar without a second thought. kill he/she dead. anyone that wouldnt deserves to be burgled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Orkin Mang posted:

im just asking for an ontological grounding for the normative claims made by the aforemoentioned psoter

i would as well, it was terribly ethnocentric

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

just execute throughly proven murderers one month past their sentencing and castrate convicted rapists. who cares, gently caress em

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

paragon1 posted:

Yeah, I said basic moral principle, not basic human things. Basic human things have us all making GBS threads in caves and murdering and raping each other all the time. No thank you.

Yeah, it's not like any of them are actually innocent! What's that? 150 people sentenced to death have been released due to new DNA evidence or sheer lack of evidence in their conviction in the past 40 years? Most of them spent years in prison? Who cares? gently caress 'em!

notice i said thoroughly proven numb nuts

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

paragon1 posted:

oh and who gets to set the standard for that dipshit?

probably the loving judge. ill never understand the intrinsic aversion to the death penalty

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Yeah that's basically what we have already. What's the difference between "thoroughly" and "beyond a reasonable doubt" that would prevent things like what's happened?

idk dna or something inarguable, red handed stuff

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

like my functional example is that texan farmer who killed the dude he caught molesting his daughter. that was good, and right, and good on him for having the stones to be a man about it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smudgie Buggler posted:

This is one of the more hilarious examples of an idiot's bare-faced misogyny I've seen this week.

glad to oblige, ill have to up my game though because i wasnt really even trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

He's not wrong. Exterminate all humans, it's the only sure way to stop human-on-human rape. Man up and end rape, you sissy liberal.

Alternate interpretation: Blue Raider is saying we should suspend the death penalty until we overhaul the court system and guarantee that no one is convicted who isn't thoroughly proven to have committed the crime, which is obviously not the case in our justice system today considering that exonerations happen.

im not advocating executing or even punishing innocent people, of course im not, but i dont see the issue with executing murderers of violent intent. somebody dies in a bar fight, lock the killer up for a time. somebody kills 3 in a home invasion, yeah thats death.

execution should only be administered in retroactively provable situations. something that can be on record. dna, film, something that 100% incontrovertibly can be proven at any subsequent time. no witnesses, no firearm forensics, no et cetera

and when they are proven guilty of red handed, purposeful murder, then the expedited execution should happen within a few days or weeks

Mandy Thompson posted:

I don't know about the specific example you are referring to, did he find the molester in the act and kill him or did he do it later?

he caught him in the act and beat him to death

• Locked thread