Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

im piss ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Arglebargle III posted:

It depends on what you mean by murder and social group, of course.

yeah no poo poo thanks for the useless post

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SedanChair posted:

We are better than those societies.

we who? what do we know that they dont? are we super enlightened? but by what? bunch of bs if u ask me. sentimental bs, full. stop.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Exclamation Marx posted:

Post better itt (in this thread)

im just asking for an ontological grounding for the normative claims made by the aforemoentioned psoter

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the very 'concept' that human lives have infinite value seems pretty against common sense to me. give me a shred of evidence for this one particular propositional declarative statement claim. practically speaking there is no lasting persuasion without mega truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

who has said that they have infinite value

its implicit in much secular humanist reasoning friend. no instrumental desiderata is enough to overcome the infinite value of the individual human life according to manys commonsense old bean

• Locked thread