Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
The question is kind of a weird one.

If I was the dad of one of the young children that Tsutomu Miyazaki killed, then had sex with, then ate, I can tell you I would have absolutely no qualms with beating him to death if it were offered. If it would be okay for me to do that, I can hardly criticize if other victim's families feel like they want the same revenge either, and nor can anyone else.

Whether it's all philosophically, pedantically okay or not, isn't really here or there. I wonder who it is that misses these people when they are executed, or who it is that sympathizes with them when they suffer in prison. I dunno but it just sounds a bit spergy for anyone to get up on some kind of liberal high-horse and preach of Human Rights in a case that did not involve their kid being, say, locked in a cage in a basement and raped for years and years and years.

Rakosi fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

paragon1 posted:

pro tip it wouldn't hope this helps

I don't see many costs to myself or society if I did it, so why wouldn't it be okay?

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

paragon1 posted:

Private citizens murdering other people of their own volition is a bad idea.

Also murder is wrong.

Rakosi posted:

If I was the dad of one of the young children that Tsutomu Miyazaki killed, then had sex with, then ate, I can tell you I would have absolutely no qualms with beating him to death if it were offered.

Murder is only unlawful killing. If the state legalized it it wouldn't be murder, but putting that aside I'm interested why you would care at all about the welfare of someone like in my hypothetical situation. I get the feeling that if the roles were reversed and it was you that had your kid killed, raped and then eaten you wouldn't be so quick to say, categorically, "murder is wrong".

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

paragon1 posted:

Actually the state killing people is murder. I care because what can be done to the least and worst of us can easily be extended to anyone. And, since your using a worthless appeal to emotion to back up "murder is good if you do it to the right person", I get the feeling that you should take all the world's dicks, shove them up your rear end, and then light yourself on fire.

Hmmm, so my previous quip that this whole conversation seemed "spergy" was right on the money I suppose. I don't get how you feel appeals to emotion are worthless when it is impossible to discuss a topic as emotionally dark as murder if you want to reach any other conclusion than that which a computer could do just as well.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

paragon1 posted:

If possessing some basic moral principles in the face of an extreme and outrageous scenario makes me autistic, then an autist I shall be I suppose.

I think it's a lot less weird than your dreams of murdering pedophile cannibals with your bare hands. :shrug:

Ad hominem much? I don't have any dreams of that at all; it was a hypothetical situation and I was being honest about my likely reaction, and whether or not people not in that position would have a right to criticize.

• Locked thread