Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't know about you guys, but when I say people have value I'm referring to the sum total of their individual parts when sold on today's global market.

I know some guys who insist on measuring it in potential lifetime productivity but that's way too vague if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
$260,000 for a kidney in the U.S., if that isn't inherently worthwhile I don't know what is!

:eyepop:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So you want it in pounds or Euros then?

Or you a gold and silver kinda goon?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah well if the shared illusion isn't measured in some sort of currency then you're wasting whole square inches of human skin worth of my time bucko.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
well now you are just posting nonsense words, do you want to buy the liver of PRC death row inmate or not?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
woah someone's feeling salty today!

Rakosi posted:

If it would be okay for me to do that

pro tip it wouldn't hope this helps

Sharkie posted:

Does skin have more value as a medical product, or as advertising space for tattoos? I think this would go a long way to resolving the burning question of whether a live human is more valuable than a dead one.

edit: I guess we'd have to first ballpark the number and revenue of sponsors buying the tattoos, and then account for whether the person receiving the skin transplant has a higher social media presence than the donor (in case they get the new skin tattooed with logos).

Hmm, I dunno Sharkie I haven't seen info on the returns for money spent on skin advertisements, but I always get the feeling that marketing is just blowing smoke up everyone's asses to convince us their job is hard and important.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Private citizens murdering other people of their own volition is a bad idea.

Also murder is wrong.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rakosi posted:

Murder is only unlawful killing. If the state legalized it it wouldn't be murder, but putting that aside I'm interested why you would care at all about the welfare of someone like in my hypothetical situation. I get the feeling that if the roles were reversed and it was you that had your kid killed, raped and then eaten you wouldn't be so quick to say, categorically, "murder is wrong".

Actually the state killing people is murder. I care because what can be done to the least and worst of us can easily be extended to anyone. And, since your using a worthless appeal to emotion to back up "murder is good if you do it to the right person", I get the feeling that you should take all the world's dicks, shove them up your rear end, and then light yourself on fire.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rakosi posted:

Hmmm, so my previous quip that this whole conversation seemed "spergy" was right on the money I suppose. I don't get how you feel appeals to emotion are worthless when it is impossible to discuss a topic as emotionally dark as murder if you want to reach any other conclusion than that which a computer could do just as well.
If possessing some basic moral principles in the face of an extreme and outrageous scenario makes me autistic, then an autist I shall be I suppose.

I think it's a lot less weird than your dreams of murdering pedophile cannibals with your bare hands. :shrug:

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 22, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rakosi posted:

Ad hominem much? I don't have any dreams of that at all; it was a hypothetical situation and I was being honest about my likely reaction, and whether or not people not in that position would have a right to criticize.

lol dude you came out swinging about how we're all uptight liberal spergs over-concerned with the welfare of murderers. you don't get to bitch about ad hom.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SedanChair posted:

Whoa whoa whoa there! I think I need to take a look at your premises!

It's a very radical and unconventional stance, I understand if you feel the need to apply additional intellectual rigor.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

wateroverfire posted:

Where in those basic moral principles is your outrage for the victim? The need for retribution? Those are also basic human things.

Yeah, I said basic moral principle, not basic human things. Basic human things have us all making GBS threads in caves and murdering and raping each other all the time. No thank you.

Blue Raider posted:

just execute throughly proven murderers one month past their sentencing and castrate convicted rapists. who cares, gently caress em

Yeah, it's not like any of them are actually innocent! What's that? 150 people sentenced to death have been released due to new DNA evidence or sheer lack of evidence in their conviction in the past 40 years? Most of them spent years in prison? Who cares? gently caress 'em!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Series DD Funding posted:

Basic moral principles can include retribution though.

Can but shouldn't!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Blue Raider posted:

notice i said thoroughly proven numb nuts

oh and who gets to set the standard for that dipshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Blue Raider posted:

probably the loving judge. ill never understand the intrinsic aversion to the death penalty

Judges are not incorruptible and infallible arbiters of fact, so this is loving retarded on the face of it. Aversion to the death penalty can come from many places. Like the fact that you can't un-kill someone.

• Locked thread