Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i am stuck in between atx and matx. its a tough call. i love a smaller machine but my three gtx980s will surely produce a lot of heat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and if you want to know how i'm fitting them.... well let's just say i have my ways

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i cast magic missile

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

whats the best fan setup for ultimate cooling??? i was thinking of cutting a hole in the side of the case and adding more fans there

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

whats the best fan setup for ultimate cooling??? i was thinking of cutting a hole in the side of the case and adding more fans there

the ultimate is water cooling. get soime sick blue led lights up in it, makes it run colder

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i just leave my case open, for better airflow.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

should i have a line noise/power conditioner pcb between every component or just my killer nic and creative labs sound card?

Crushable Object
Oct 28, 2010
Crush responsibly.

OldAlias posted:

the ultimate is water cooling. get soime sick blue led lights up in it, makes it run colder

water cooling is for scrubs

peltier refrigeration is where it's at

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

does anyone have advice on a sick build for my new rig that i can completely ignore and instead buy a 17" alienware gaming laptop for gaming on the go?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

UM IT HAS 2 GRAPHICS CARDS IT'S WAY BETTER THAN YOUR STUPID DKESTOP LMAO OWNED

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

As a Millennial I posted:

i just leave my case open, for better airflow.

i do this, but it's because i have more hard drives than fit in my case because of :filez:

unrelated: are there any motherboards with more than four SATA ports?

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

yeah lots of them

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sometimes it makes sense to pull cool air in, sometimes to pull the hot air out... i just installed a couple fans in either direction to be sure

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I want a titan x but the green branding clashes with my all-blue case interior detailing, suggestions?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

having a hard time fitting my ram intp place . should i just cut off their heatsinks with an xacto knife (?) or send them back and eat the 15% newegg restocking fee

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Buy an AMD CPU and GPU. They're really good and not piss and poo poo compared to their competitors.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
are athlons still better than pentiums? been a while since my last build heh

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

it's all about the pentiums, baby

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Dolomite posted:

it's all about the pentiums, baby

gently caress you now that song is stuck in my head

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
what kind of chip you got in there, a dorito?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

building this was easier than I imagined. thanks sh/sc!

• Locked thread